Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

In town for a conference, what to do?

Hi ladies!  I live in the DC area but will be in San Francisco for a conference next week.  I've spent very little time there in the past (all for business, and I got dragged to crap tourist traps by coworkers), but I know it's a wonderful place.  I'll be based in Union Square and won't have a car, so some advice on how to get around, good places to eat, and a good place to get a pedicure would be greatly appreciated!  TIA!!

Re: In town for a conference, what to do?

• I think it was some place called Neptune's Palace?  I may be making that up, but I think it's close.  It was out at some pier shopping complex that definitely catered to tourists.  I know San Francisco has some great food, so it seemed like a bit of a waste.  I'm basically looking for some great places that locals would recommend - I'm open to any suggestions!
  • Pier 39 probably. You could walk or take BART down to the Ferry Building. There's lots of small restaurants, shops and the fish market there with a great view of the bay. You'd be fairly close to North Beach if you're at Union Square, which is where the Italian restaurants are. One that's good is La Scala. You can go to the cafe at Union Square which has good coffee. I forget the name of it, but it's the only one I think. It has big yellow flowers outside of it. There's lots of shipping around Union Sq. Chinatown is close by if you wanted to check that out. If you're into museums, SFMOMA is nearby by BART. Another one that's nice is the Legion of Honor (also has a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge) but it's hard to get to by public transport. Scoma's seafood restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf is good but again hard to get to by public transit and a long walk from the Ferry Building. The cable car/MUNI may go out to Fisherman's Wharf. Hope others can give you more recs. GL!
  • You can ride the cable cars to get around. They're cheaper than a taxi. If you're in Union Square you can pretty much walk to most places. Fisherman's Wharf is about a 15 or 20 minute walk from Union Square. Boudin's Bakery is a good place to eat and get some awesome sour dough bread. There's also some neat museums and historical land marks. You can always ask the concierge at your hotel for suggestions too.
    http://bwallblog.blogspot.com/ image image My fur babies!Scout (on top)and Jack (bottom).
  • If you're willing to walk a few blocks from Union Square, there's a really cute pedicure place on 3rd between Bryant and Harrison: Polished Lounge. It's my little getaway from work. :)

(note: their website plays music, in case you're at work and that matters!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you're into theater, there is Beach Blanket Babylon.

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker