October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

overwhelmed

I don't know why I get myself into these things.

On Thursday, we have painters coming for 2 1/2 days to paint the entire interior of my house.  That means everything off the walls and off the furniture so that they can move it.  Then, we have a day and a half off and next Monday the floor guys show up to replace all the carpet in the house.  We are getting wood floors in the GR, DR, Kitchen and office and carpet in our bedroom and the entire upstairs.  The idea was that we would only have to do the grunt work once and get both things done and then put it all back.

Since my husband is only home on weekends, that means I will be living like this for 10 days...AND am doing the bulk of the work.  I love him...really I do...but sometimes this job thing just SUCKS.

I am reminding myself every five minutes how amazing it will look when we are done.

Pray for me!

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!

Re: overwhelmed

• Will do!  I think you hit the nail on the head though - ten days of pain for oodles of reward when it is all done and you don't have workers in your house anymore!  I am sure it will look fantastic. 

• I get crazy when things are out of order.  Sometimes when I need to do work at home or something and I need to put things back in place, DH orders me out of the house to work at the coffee shop or somewhere else so I'm not distracted and crazy.  It might be good for you to just stay away as much as you can on the "painful days."  Soon it will all be done though!  You can do it!
  • It will be totally worth it!  And I know how it is to not have DH around to help during the week.  Which is why I get erked when in laws want to come visit and DH is never here to help clean prior to their arrival....so much fun.... 

I am super jealous people are painting your house though....how much does a project like that run?  If you don't mind me asking....  Big Smile 

It's going to look awesome!

• How exciting! And stressful...it will all be worth it, but the meantime will definitely be uncomfortable. You'll get through it!
  • I have 2800 square feet, and every wall is being painted.  BUT, no trim or ceilings.  The trim is natural oak and the ceilings were done 18 months ago when we had all the popcorn removed.  When they finished the ceilings, they repainted the top of the walls.  While they used the same paint, it no longer matches what has been on the walls for 7 years.

I'm paying 2700 dollars.  They will move and cover furniture now that I have removed the 25 boxes of small stuff, fill holes, sand and prep and then paint.  I am, for the most part, using paint colors that are close to what was there initially.  So, that price is for 1 coat, and I have prices for additional coats for each room if I need them.  I am also replacing all the carpeting in my house and going with hardwood in the main areas and carpet in the bedrooms.  That is going to run around 11,000.

My husband gets a bonus every year which we spend on home repairs and renovations.  Since his company changed hands last week, we are not sure that bonus will happen in the future.  This was the last big thing...so we are doing it while we have the chance!

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Sorry if that was too personal....  I'm glad you mentioned the popcorn removal.  I hate the popcorn!  I want to hire someone to at least remove all of that crap....and painitng would be nice too.  It gives me a good idea (estimate wise)....not like we have money to do it right now anyways Big Smile  I need a magic wand and to win the lottery...hehe...
  • I didn't have it when I was your age either  :)