Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

4th of July

So, we are going to be in Providence for the 4th. I had mentioned to my aunt that I would check with local friends to see if anyone knew of a service where I could rent a car seat. She responds, thrilled to know I have some friends here, and invited them to her house for a picnic.

When should I tell her how many there are?

Re: 4th of July

• At least a day before so she has enough food!  Is the picnic on the actual 4th, or over the weekend?  The answer affects whether or not I can join you.

I don't know any place that rents car seats, other than car rental places.  He must be in a convertible seat now, right?  We may have an infant seat and base at my parents' house, but I suspect he'd be too big for that now. 

• I have no idea. We get in Saturday night but hadn't really discussed it because I had no idea how to explain that it wasn't just one or two people. Of course, I don't know whether the Boston contingent is too far away- I really have no idea.

I know he would need  the 30 or 35 car seat for weight but I think he is probably over the height.

I found this rental company. They charge 40 for a Britax Marathon for a week and 40 to deliver. I hope I can find some place without a delivery fee. We leave for New York Thursday so i don't need it there.

• Don't several car rental places rent car seats as well? 

Do you have a spare?  If so, would it be cheaper/easier to ship it there to your aunt in advance and have her meet you at the airport with it?

• They do wendy, but most require you get a rental car. I don't know. Maybe we should since we thought about tooling around. I guess I should ask my aunt.

We don't have a spare seat though.

• salimoosalimoo member
    image WendyToo:

Don't several car rental places rent car seats as well? 

Do you have a spare?  If so, would it be cheaper/easier to ship it there to your aunt in advance and have her meet you at the airport with it?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure J has rented cars in Utah with carseats in them. I think he went through Enterprise.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • salimoosalimoo member
    image WendyToo:

Don't several car rental places rent car seats as well? 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure J has rented cars in Utah with carseats in them. I think he went through Enterprise.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Just buy a $40 Costco Sencera at walmart or tar jay. You can gate check it for free and then dump it on your aunt if you don't want to take it back with you. It's a good basic seat.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • We have a layover on the way there and I really don't want to have to lug it through. I may see if we can get it shipped to them though. We are flying out of newark so I would just leave it behind I guess.
  • I would follow Kristen's suggestion -- have the seat shipped to the aunt.  Is she picking you up at the airport?
  • Well I assumed so. But maybe we will just rent a car. We'll see. Having a second seat would be nice though.

So, does this mean no one wants to come to our picnic? this is a tad awkward. sniff sniff

• I SAID I need to know when it is!  Are you staying in La Prov or down by the beaches?
  • We are in Prov. My aunt and uncle live near RISD
  • Let me know when you know when the picnic is. Our 4th of July weekend is filling up, but keep me posted.
  • I will. And I was teasing too.
  • I would come to your picnic, Winged.  Alas, you and I are like 2 ships passing in the night.  I'll be in Madison that week.
  • :(

they could make an animated disney movie about us missing eachother. it would be sadder than bambie.