Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

B1TCHY lady inside

OK, I get taking 54 minutes to go less than 3 miles. I've been there. But I also did not announce the length and time of my "run" via social media.

People have no shame anymore!

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse

Re: B1TCHY lady inside

• B1tchy ladies, all the b1tchy ladies

Put yo' hands up....

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ivjh92.jpg[/IMG]
  • I have a friend that does this.  One day she posted her bike ride that took 2.5 hours to go 3 miles.  Indifferent
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • So I guess I need to go turn off that feature that lets runkeeper auto post to facebook? Wink

I say more power to ya if it's making someone more healthy and active.  If it takes you 54 minutes to go less than 3 miles, then 3 miles is probably an accomplishment. 

• Wendy, your run keeper is always impressive. 
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • image lmydogally:
    Wendy, your run keeper is always impressive. 

Spanks lady.  It is for me, but I'm sure some people are like "um, that's my walking pace, who gives a shiit?" 

• Wendy, this wasn't in reference to you; I didn't even notice you were using that, too. I'm sure your times are kick ass.

I consider myself slow still and would never post my run times on FB or Twitter. I think there's still something to be said for keeping up appearances.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • How does it link to FB? I have seen this and it seems like those location check in things. Anyway there is a ton more annoying shitt on FB. Better than freaking farmvolle crap.
  • image _Fenton:

Wendy, this wasn't in reference to you; I didn't even notice you were using that, too. I'm sure your times are kick ass.

I consider myself slow still and would never post my run times on FB or Twitter. I think there's still something to be said for keeping up appearances.

I knew you weren't actually referring to me, I was just joking (and no, not kickass).

I think just posting something can be a motivator for some people, so I wouldn't begrudge them if they're out there doing something and (theoretically) improving themselves in some way.

• image WendyToo:
    image _Fenton:

Wendy, this wasn't in reference to you; I didn't even notice you were using that, too. I'm sure your times are kick ass.

I knew you weren't actually referring to me, I was just joking (and no, not kickass).

I think just posting something can be a motivator for some people, so I wouldn't begrudge them if they're out there doing something and (theoretically) improving themselves in some way.

This.

I have RunKeeper post my longer walks on FB because my friends and I like to compare routes...even if my time is 3 mph what with keeping the kid happy and picking up dog shiit and what not. Maybe she's not trying to impress anyone. I know I'm not, and I'm not ashamed either.

But then, you did say it in the post title. 

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • It's a dude, not a she. Maybe that's why I'm being judgy.
  • I'm glad for the post, as it makes me look athletic and nearly Olympic.