Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

My So-Called Life

Oh lord, Angela was a drama queen and kind of an assh0le! It terrifies me that I used to completely relate to her. I was probably intolerable.
"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse

Re: My So-Called Life

• You know, I never watched that show.
  • I loved that show, but I don't remember much about it aside from drooling over Jared Leto
  • I still relate to Angela. You have no depth.
  • I was like 11 when My So-Called Life Aired, and I remember thinking Angela needed to get the fvck over herself.

Also, Jordan Catalano and Troy from Reality Bites vie for the top spot on my "I Don't Understand Why These Characters Are Desirable" list

• HT you're off my list.
    Baby Boxer is coming! 5.23.12
    www.focushunting.com
  • TambcatTambcat member
    50000 Comments Sixth Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its
    aren't all adolescents?
  • image HappyTummy613:

Also, Jordan Catalano and Troy from Reality Bites vie for the top spot on my "I Don't Understand Why These Characters Are Desirable" list

I thought that was intentional? Like, why is she making an ass of herself over this jerk?*

I never saw MSCL. 

* I just checked. I thought this was the self-absorbed angst film where Winona Ryder contemplates getting a boob job to impress douchey-drummer guy and uses her dad's credit card for other people's gas and pockets the cash. If not, I might not have seen Reality Bites either.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • I watched MSCL when they replayed it on MTV when I was 15 or 16. I loved it then. Then I watched the first episode when it showed up on Netflix. I was embarrassed to be watching it in front of Lorne. I realize that I was kind of an ass as a teenager, and I fear for what's coming to me in retribution.

• image noisy_penguin:
    I watched MSCL when they replayed it on MTV when I was 15 or 16. I loved it then. Then I watched the first episode when it showed up on Netflix. I was embarrassed to be watching it in front of Lorne. I realize that I was kind of an ass as a teenager, and I fear for what's coming to me in retribution.

What confuses me is why my mom had no idea how to handle it. And Patty Chase definitely reminded me of my mom. I guess she grew up very sheltered; maybe that was a generational divide that only happens once in awhile. But she talked to me like I was ten while I was seventeen -- I blame my assh0le behavior on that. I see people with teenage kids these days and they seem to get it on a level my parents never did. I hope my relationship with my kids turns out like that.

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Fenton <3s Troy. Truth.
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • I always thought Patty was a huge B!tch when I watched this show as a teenager and watching now I realize Patty really had a difficult storyline and had to put up with a lot of everyone's sh!t. It's interesting how her struggles each episode mirror Angela's though, although they come out in different age-appropriate situations.
  • Troy was a tortured soul that only Lainey could understand.   PLUS neither worried about the other being grossed out by their greasyassed hair.  
  • Read the continuation fanfic.  You won't be sorry.  lmao.

• image BobLoblaw:
    Fenton <3s Troy. Truth.
  • LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE
    I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy