International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Morning!

I cant believe I am the first person today.

QOTD: Where did you go on your first date with your SO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good Morning!

• Morning, it's raining here which is a good thing as we haven't had any in a while and I managed to burn the heck out of my legs yesterday in an hour?!? I have to run an errand for DH this morning, I'm going to bake a cake for his office and I have a cello lesson. 

QOTD: we went to see a James Bond movie at the movies right after he came back from vacation...like he called me on his way to his place from the airport to ask me to go do something with him! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • Good morning. Today is a busy day at work, and H and I will probably run tonight, but that's it.

QOTD: We went to Battersea Park in London to see the fireworks on Guy Fawkes night. 

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey everyone.  Ate something bad last night so was feeling crappy last night and weak this morning so I stayed home.   Now I'm bored.  

QOTD:  We went to the movies to see Angels & Demons and then to this local pub in our neighborhood. 

IN Siggy Challenge for November - Favorite Cartoon Character: Rainbow Brite!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • QOTD:  We had a whirlwind first date. I was living in the Northern VA area at the time and DH was stationed 2 hours away in the Hampton Roads area of VA.

We started off at the Spy Museum, then metro'd to the National Mall* for lunch and a walk around the monuments, since he had never been to DC before.  Then I took him back to my place for dinner (homemade red sauce with pasta) and I sent him on his merry way home. 

From start to finish, 8am to 12 am.  Long ass day.

*funny aside, I told him we would go to The Mall for lunch, totally forgetting that people who do not live in the DC area do not know that The Mall means the Monument and Smithsonian area of Washington DC.  He thought I was taking him to a store type mall. 

Boy were his eyes huge when we came up the escalator into the park area.

[IMG]http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu52/Iluminespics/IMG_4759.jpg[/IMG]
  • Good morning.  Poor night sleeping last night, so a little tired this morning.  Didn't make it up for a run, so hope to do something this evening.  Had a dentist appointment first thing this morning to replace some fillings, so now my entire mouth is numb and I'm slurring my words - hope this wears off soon as I'm getting hungry and I have some meetings at work!

QOTD: We went out for dinner at a restaurant called sushisamba (Wink), followed by drinks and then back to my place where we spent hours talking.

Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not much going on today.  I have been fooling around with the computer installing Microsoft Office/Anti-Spyware, now it is scanning.

Our first date to a Brazilian restaurant for lunch then for mini-golf.  1 month prior to our first date I had ACL surgery so we couldn't do anything more exciting than that.  I had a huge brace on my leg and crutches, sexy!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Morning! Busy day! DH accidentally nicked the cat while trying to cut out some mats (she's Persian) so I am running her to the vet shortly. Hoping some stitches will be all she needs!

QOTD: Our first date was at a great little Italian restaurant called Chef Steff's, and then we hung out in the park drinking orange soda and vanilla vodka, lol :-) It was a great evening! 

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Good Morning!  I am feeling very productive today.  I had two loads of laundry done and hung by 10:00, I planned menus for the week and shopped, went to 3 fabric stores in search of fiberfill and had an hour long Skype chat with my family back in the States.  I hope I can continue this level of activity through the rest of the week.

QOTD:  We went to dinner at a posh-ish pub and had a walk along Collins Street in Melbourne.  It was three days after we met in person for the first time and it served as his pay-off for a bet we had made months earlier.  It was made even more special because in the middle of a lovely pub dinner, Cowboy Mouth's Jenny Says started playing.  I was so excited to find something so local to NO in Melbourne.  It was the first of many clues that I really could live there.

I don't mind being held to a higher standard; I mind being held to a lower one. (Sam Seaborn, The West Wing)
    Anniversary
  • Afternoon ladies!  Working working working.  I am trying to get a lot of my volunteer work done for the campaign this week because my parents are coming to Israel for 10 days on Sunday...woo hoo!!! 

QOTD: This is reaaaally embarassing, but our first date was at Hooters. Yes, Hooters.  We were on Spring Break during college and it literally was the closest restaurant to us on the beach.

I still rag him 9 years later about our romantic first date.  Yeah--I got a keeper on my hands ladies.

Our sweet little guy
    My Israel Blog!
  • Good (almost not) morning.  At work!

QOTD: a funky cute restaurant in Kilburn that has great food.  He didn't realize it was cash only and didn't have enough on him, so I had to sit and wait while he ran to find a cash machine (which was not that close unfortunately!).  Poor guy.

• QOTD: On our first official date we went to dinner and a movie, we saw End of Days. What can I say it was December 1999 Smile

• QOTD: I also went to the movies. Not the best idea, because we didnt get to talk for the first two hours.

• Good morning.  Today I have an audition to be a Spinning Instructor!

QOTD: We went for sushi.  Halfway through DH told me he was going to kiss me after dinner, it was really sweet.  Then we went back to his place to play with Payton and he walked me home :)

• I'm back visiting family in the states, so we are off to see DH's grandfather, then doing some shopping, and then meeting some friends for dinner at our favorite restaurant...mmmm.

QOTD: We met my freshman year of college at a party and had a lot more party nights together, so truthfully I can't even remember what our first actual date was.  I'm sure it was dinner at some restaurant, but I'll have to ask DH when he wakes up if he knows.  I can't believe I don't know the answer to this question! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Shekels831:

QOTD: This is reaaaally embarassing, but our first date was at Hooters. Yes, Hooters.  We were on Spring Break during college and it literally was the closest restaurant to us on the beach.

Is it wrong that when I saw this, my first thought was, "OMG, I want wings right now!"

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • image The Little One:

Good morning.  Today I have an audition to be a Spinning Instructor!

QOTD: We went for sushi.  Halfway through DH told me he was going to kiss me after dinner, it was really sweet.  Then we went back to his place to play with Payton and he walked me home :)

Awwwww.

Our sweet little guy
    My Israel Blog!
  • After reading all your perfect first date stories, I've decided I'm taking a bit from each of yours and making up a new one to tell our children one day.  "Your dad took me to Hooters" just doesn't have the same warm fuzzies as yours.

Okay new first date story: 

DH and I were supposed to go see a movie, but instead he flew me to Washington DC for the day.  After a wonderful afternoon showing me our capitol's amazing sights, we realized it was Guy Fawkes Day!! So we hopped on a plane and off to London we went!   In London, we found this great little sushi restaurant, then played mini golf, hung out in a park for a bit and flew back to the States that night where I made him a late night dinner of pasta and red sauce.  He told me halfway through dinner he was going to kiss me...we've been together ever since.

Aha!  I like this one much better.

Our sweet little guy
    My Israel Blog!
  • image rpic81:
    image Shekels831:

Is it wrong that when I saw this, my first thought was, "OMG, I want wings right now!"

I thought the same thing, too! I hope it's not wrong. We have Hooters here; I just might have to make the DH take a trip there with me.

• Today DH had to go speak to the prosecutor concerning the robbery that happened in our building last month (if you remember my freaked out post about it) and I just had class.  This afternoon I have a midterm, then we'll meet up later with some friends of mine who are leaving to go back to the US tomorrow morning.

image Ilumine:

QOTD:  We had a whirlwind first date. From start to finish, 8am to 12 am.  Long ass day.

Ours was a lot like this.  We met for lunch downtown and then started walking after.  He showed me around and explained everything like a tour guide (it should be his second career someday!) and we ended up walking miles and miles through Madrid.  Then we met up with his sister, went shopping for some gifts they had to get for Christmas (which was the next week) and went back to her place and had pizza with her and her boyfriend.  Then they drove me home around midnight.

We held hands for the first time in the Madrid cathedral and later that day he had his arm around me while we sat on a park bench waiting for his sister to leave work.  I rested my head on his shoulder and he kissed the top of my head.  By the end of the date I was pretty much swooning.  And intrigued as to why he didn't try to kiss me all day.  I had to figure out what this guy was all about!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Good afternoon!! today i need to get my paperwork together for the renewal of mmy carte de s?jour. wahoo

image ukyankee:
    He didn't realize it was cash only and didn't have enough on him, so I had to sit and wait while he ran to find a cash machine (which was not that close unfortunately!).  Poor guy.

ha! this happened to us my first time visiting him in France. My french was crap and I got left at the bar area of a restaurant as proof that we weren't skipping out on the bill. Took him over 20 mins to get back

QOTD: I am not sure what our first date was. We hung out with a group and we just coupled off at some point or another. The first time I remember being alone with him was after going out to a pub to watch a rugby match (france vs england i think), he agreed to walk me home. We saw an old grocery cart right by a hill so he then proceeded to push me up and down the hill in the grocery cart.It was fun! We ended up at his flat because I was thirsty and as I was saying I guess it was time for me to go home, he grabbed my arm, pulled me into his lap and kissed me. we were kind of an item after that

• Our first sober date was dinner and drinks at the Sunset Beach Bar & Grill in St Martin.  We watched the sunset and the planes land.
    [URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/i/ie6m2rqto.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • Afternoon now!  Super busy at work, I left home before 7:00 a.m.!

QOTD:  We went to the Joe Theismann's resturant right by where I worked at the time.  As we met on-line it was the first time we had met!  We ended up talking for hours and then I drove him to his car as DH missed his last train.  

LOL!  I do remember he excused himself to use the facilities and walked back and said ' this place has the best bathrooms ever - they have TV above the urinals!!!' I still tease him about that to this day!

International Nesties June Siggy Challenge: Place I would like to visit.... Dead Sea, Jordan! Only a few more months!
  • Afternoon! I'm trying to catch up on some things around the house after being gone for three weeks. Dusting is top on the list!

QOTD: We had hung out a few times with friends but our first real date was to my favorite tapas restaurant back home. We dated for a few months, split up then got back together for good at Bonnaroo in 2005, I guess there is something about music and not showering for 4 days that brought us together!

• DH got us tickets to see Lewis Black and we were supposed to go out to dinner first but we were running late and didn't have time for a sit down dinner so we ended up eating at Baja Fresh.  DH was so embarassed and made several joking comments about me never going out with him again for being so cheap.  I thought it was cute and didn't care.  After the show we went into DC and had a few drinks and did a little dancing at Lucky Bar. 

• Good afternoon!

Got H and M's passport applications filled out and sent to the Embassy this morning, now fingers crossed we get them back by the 22nd as we fly off on the 23rd!

After M's nap, we'll go for a little walk.

Great QOTD, so much fun to read all your stories! Especially yours Shekels!!!

QOTD: We went for lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant in Montreal and then for a walk, I remember I had duck spring rolls and they were delicious! We were just friends/neighbours then but he was trying to get me to go out with him. A few weeks later we were exclusive.

• image Shekels831:

After reading all your perfect first date stories, I've decided I'm taking a bit from each of yours and making up a new one to tell our children one day.  "Your dad took me to Hooters" just doesn't have the same warm fuzzies as yours.

Okay new first date story: 

DH and I were supposed to go see a movie, but instead he flew me to Washington DC for the day.  After a wonderful afternoon showing me our capitol's amazing sights, we realized it was Guy Fawkes Day!! So we hopped on a plane and off to London we went!   In London, we found this great little sushi restaurant, then played mini golf, hung out in a park for a bit and flew back to the States that night where I made him a late night dinner of pasta and red sauce.  He told me halfway through dinner he was going to kiss me...we've been together ever since.

Aha!  I like this one much better.

Ha! I love this.

image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was supposed to have a haircut today but it was cancelled. Kind of bummed actually! 

QotD: Er... Depends on the definition of date. We met in Italian class. DH and his roommate both had a crush on me apparently, so his roommate invited me to be an extra in his friend's student film. I only went because I was hoping DH would be there. They invited me to a party after filming and then I went back to DH's place and yadda yadda yadda :) 

Our first "date" date came about a month and a half after we started hooking up. We went to see Shrek 2 when his roommate accidentally locked us out of DH's apartment.

Our kids will also be getting a slightly more sanitized version than "mommy and daddy were hot for each other all semester and finally hooked up after a party."  

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Nelia has read 39 books toward her goal of 100 books.
    hide
  • Busy busy day for me. I just sat down about 15 minutes ago.

QOTD: I asked him to join me at a local drive-in called Chester's. We had a late dinner sitting in my car and we just talked and talked.

36/366 No Fear --- Finishing Project 366
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Allison has read 10 books toward her goal of 30 books.
    hide

Now Nesting from Chicago, IL My nail blog:
  • hello.  running errands today, nothing too spectacular.

qotd: we went to dinner at an italian restaurant in downtown san jose.