Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AGHHH!!!

That's been my sound of the weekend. Maggie has suddenly turned into a very difficult little person and it's so exhausting. (one week from) three year olds are hard, yo. She went from this little ray of sunshine to a constant stream of whines, arguments, contrary opinions, and very loud demands. Freaks out at naptime, bedtime, and if I go to the bathroom alone. I know she's just exercising her independence but good grief, things are really tough around here because you never know what's going to set girlfriend off on a tear.

I feel frustrated with myself because I'm not coping with this change very well. I keep losing my patience which I know does not help matters. And there's no reasoning with a three year old. Blergh. I picked a good time to start working more, that's for sure. She's much better behaved for the grandparents than she is for us. Lucky ducks.

image Ready to rumble.

Re: AGHHH!!!

• Ughh, that's rough. Sorry to hear it Kristen.

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • I had a very whiny almost 16 month old on my hands today. I'm glad she's going to daycare tomorrow. If it wasn't for the 30 minutes of absolute adorableness that was mucho discovering the awesomeness that is running through a sprinkler in your clothes on a hot day, I might have poked a few holes in a box and shipped her to mod or Cali.
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • Sorry your kid is being a muffpuffin, sisterfriend. I must insist you have a drink or 5. 
    The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • She needs a visit from Auntie Fenton. I will have her groveling with apologies in no time.
    "As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • Mucho please be an unmitigated a$$holebabio tomorrow, kay?

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Will has been exactly the same way. I took them strawberry picking in Irvine instead of Carlsbad so Will would nap for the hour + it took to get home. Today he spite-peed on furniture.

• Dagger has started flinging himself on the floor in tantrums. I thought that was a 2 year old thing?

• I feel your pain.  3 was the worst age for my son and me, he was just awful.  Just keep remembering they do grow out of it, you will make it and then when they turn 5 it all goes to hell again. well at least for us it did, but then it got better again and now he's awesome.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • There must be something in the air this time of year.  Connor has been testing my everloving patience lately. 

I think his is mostly about the fact that this weekend was the first time he has seen J in a month, because he's working out of town.  That means the weeks he is supposed to spend with J turn into  "Nanna and Pappa" weeks.  They tell me he's a perfect angel there, but a holy terror when I get him back.  It takes a few days for things to settle down some and I feel like a jackass for not being as patient and adaptable as I'd like to be throughout it all.

• fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

I thought we'd just left the Worst Age Ever.   the tantrums have stopped.   i thoguht it was great timing.   What you guys are saying is coem October when i have a 4 month old it will get worse?

Egads.

• imagewingedbride:

Dagger has started flinging himself on the floor in tantrums. I thought that was a 2 year old thing?

owen's been doing this also. It's dramatic.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • imagewingedbride:

Dagger has started flinging himself on the floor in tantrums. I thought that was a 2 year old thing?

owen's been doing this also. It's dramatic.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Yeah, Andy is certainly testing his boundaries.  Yesterday, he was sitting in my lap being all cute and cuddly.  Then he turns around, looks me square in the eyes, clenches his fist, and punches my chest.  Awesome.

I have recently realized to what extent my kid clings to me around others.  My H has taken him to our friends' houses for BBQs a couple of times in the last few months without me.  He comes home and tells me (and I hear later from our friends) how social he is, and how he plays with everybody, and just generally has a great time.  But, whenever I am around, he clings to me, is whiney, and will flip out when I try to go to the bathroom without him.  I'm glad my kid wants to be with me, but it makes me sad that he doesn't seem to have fun when I am around (okay, I'm being dramatic - he still plays and has fun - he is just more on edge and is less adventurous when I am there).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic