Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Worst Camping Trip EVAH

So Dee and I left on time. Stopped and had a nice lunch at a brewery and bought a to go "Growler of Beer". Then the heavens opened and it POURS rain. We had checked the forecast, this was not supposed to happen. So we find a hotel and decide to go back in the morning.

This morning we get up, and 10 miles from the campsite we get a flat tire. No cell phone reception. Finally a cop comes by. They call us a tow truck. While the tow driver is helping us a guy in a big white truck with the the license plate REDNIK pulls up. The tow driver was very protective of us which was nice but yeah a little freaky. Then he tells us that even though the camping trip has sucked thus far, at least the dogwoods are blooming. This is a strange sentence to hear from a guy with too much shoulder length hair and not enough teeth.

We get to the campsite, finally, only to discover it snowed overnight. But, the sky is clear and we decide to set up. We set up, and it starts HAILING. HAILING. 3 hours later the sky is clear again and we decide to go buy some firewood to see if we can start a fire. We come out of the tent and there is a couple standing in the middle of our campsite looking confused. Well, evidently we were in the wrong campsite (the name wasn't on the sign and we took a wrong turn). The couple wouldn't trade with us. SO, we packed up in the mud and went home.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy

Re: Worst Camping Trip EVAH

• That IS the worst camping trip ever.  Good for stories though.  Didn't you say it was her first time.  She won't be camping again, huh?
  • Wow.. that really is the worst camping trip ever. My condolences.
  • She has agreed to go again as long as it is closer to home and in the middle of the season, not early or late, so that hopefully the weather will be more consistent.

I did get my hammock set up with the rain protection though and I stayed dry and relatively warm.

And, now I get to see Mr. Mod tomorrow, so there's that bright side.

Book Review Blog

• No good ever comes from camping.
  • image FallinAgain:
    No good ever comes from camping.

My favorite magnet:

"As of page 2 this might be the most boring argument ever. It's making me long for Rape Day." - Mouse
  • image _Fenton:

image FallinAgain:
    No good ever comes from camping.

My favorite magnet:

I have that keychain, back when it was true for me.

Book Review Blog

• That is pretty sucky, I have to agree. And I have had some bad camping trips.
  • Oh no, that sounds terrible! I haven't had one THAT bad, but the first camping trip me and my boyfriend ever took involved all our sleep stuff covered in hot butter vomit, sick dogs, ant bites + spider bite = allergic reactions for me AND the pup, yelling and lots of crying from me.

I'm still surprised there were camping trips that followed. I was pretty sure he would never ever agree to go again. Lol. I hope it's better next time! When it goes well, camping is awesome!

[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/mysticspiraling/N-ForgetMeNot-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • i feel bad that you had such a terrible camping trip. BUT imagining the interaction between you and the other campers in the case of the mistaken campsite identity is making me giggle uncontrollably. sorreh.
  • This just confirms that camping is not for me. I don't know if I would've laughed or cried. Probably both.

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • I'm trying to get a visual on you camping but it just doesn't happen
  • I like camping, but I would have quit the moment it rained.  Even if it doesn't continue raining, everything just gets soggy and drippy. 
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • image lexxasaurus:

Oh no, that sounds terrible! I haven't had one THAT bad, but the first camping trip me and my boyfriend ever took involved all our sleep stuff covered in hot butter vomit, sick dogs, ant bites + spider bite = allergic reactions for me AND the pup, yelling and lots of crying from me.

No, I think that sounds worse. 

For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.