Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

sigh

Nothing caps off an awesome week like spending naptime crying and eating marshmallow fluff. 

Re: sigh

• salimoosalimoo member

:(

Anything happen, or just need the release?

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • The kids are just being jerks about naptime. Evie usually sleeps in our room for her nap, but with George in there she's been sleeping in the other room. Naptime has been hit and miss all week and today involved Will climbing into the crib, and me grabbing him off and tripping over the gate into their room and dropping him on the floor. =/ He's fine, but I feel like an ass. 

Will talks like a little adult, and I think I sometimes forget that even though he's got a big vocabulary, it's still coming from someone with the reasoning and emotional capabilities of a two-year-old.  

It's just been a rough week. I was looking forward to taking a break. 

• Oh Noisy ;(. It's definitely hard to manage expectations and remember that they aren't miniature adults sometimes.
  • Oh Noisy. I'm so sorry. I feel awful for you. Don't worry, Lorne will get through thesis hell and it will all get back to normal soon.

If it makes you feel any better, during our battle with sleep training last night, Sean was so stubborn he fell asleep sitting up with his eyes open. 

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • TSDTSD member
    Sorry Noisy. I'm totally relating right now. It sucks. :-(
  • TSDTSD member

If it makes you feel any better, I put E in for his nap in pj's & a sleep sack.

He would not go to sleep but I was just leaving him in there hoping he'd fall asleep.

I turned the monitor off so I didn't have to hear him. But, I heard jumping. I went upstairs because I heard jumping.

This is what I found:

Notice the crib looks like a prison because months ago I had to turn it around because he climbed out. Now he's naked- this is the 1st time he took off his clothes. But, he also threw out all his stuffed animals, blanket, etc. I was furious. He was also chewing on the crib like an animal.

• Dimi also gets mad and strips. Why? Sometimes the diaper comes off too.

I'm sorry about your rough week, Noisy.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • TSDTSD member
    image pdxmouse:

Dimi also gets mad and strips. Why? Sometimes the diaper comes off too.

I'm sorry about your rough week, Noisy.

He never did that before. But I put him in there at 2p, had gone in there to try to get him to go to sleep like 4x by 3:22. At that point I decided I was leaving him in there, without going in, no matter what, till 4:30. By then without ever sleeping I guess he got bored. He just discovered he could zip and unzip his sack by himself. By chance he also had zipper pj's on. For naps I do the same routine minus the bath that we do for bed- pj's, sack, etc. Now I know- no zip pj's for nap. For bed, he just goes down and sleeps. For naps, it's hit or miss whether he's going to sleep and if he doesn't he obviously gets too creative for zippers.
  • WTF is it with naps? Evie and Will are both finally sleeping fine at night, but naptime is torture. And I keep thinking maybe Will is ready to forgo daytime naps - he's three in a few weeks, that's a normal time to drop them - but when he doesn't get one he's usually a miserable mess by 4:30 or 5. Like he was today. Blah.

Thanks everyone. I'm sorry you guys are having issues too, but glad I'm not alone.

• Happy to commiserate. Dimi's not too bad at naps -- as long as I'm holding him the whole time. He took a four hour nap today (he's been sick) and I redid Tom Hanks' scene from League of Their Own when it was over.

Bug had a hard transition out of naps. Until she was 7 I sometimes still had to send her in for one or she got out of control miserable.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • TSDTSD member
    image noisy_penguin:

WTF is it with naps? Evie and Will are both finally sleeping fine at night, but naptime is torture. And I keep thinking maybe Will is ready to forgo daytime naps - he's three in a few weeks, that's a normal time to drop them - but when he doesn't get one he's usually a miserable mess by 4:30 or 5. Like he was today. Blah.

Thanks everyone. I'm sorry you guys are having issues too, but glad I'm not alone.

At least you just cried & ate fluff. I screamed at him like I was overtaken by demons. I don't know- when I saw he had no clothes on and was trying to scale the high side of the crib like a damned spider monkey I lost my sh*t. And he needs to nap. If he doesn't he's like a pie-eyed spinning dreidl with a wicked fresh attitude by 5-7p. He will be fresh then when he gets a time out or spoken to sternly he starts crying like someone has beaten him. Before I took the paci away three months ago this sh*t never happened.
  • If he doesn't he's like a pie-eyed spinning dreidl with a wicked fresh attitude by 5-7p.

Lolbinyjgc (lol because if not you're just gonna cry). I used to say Bug had three energy wells: cheerful, manic and zonked. Normal was cheerful, going about our day, then she'd go completely bonkers until she was so worn out she was stumbling around and falling asleep on her feet. Unless you caught her at just the right time, she had to drain all three wells before she could sleep.

Luckily, before I sold her off to the gypsies she developed the habit of coming in and announcing to me that she wasn't tired. That turned out to be just the right moment for a nap.

• I can also commiserate. Em is a fantastic night sleeper but for the longest time was the crappiest napper. She just refused but would be so miserable that she made me miserable. I understand getting to your wits end. I'd usually call my husband at work and leave numerous voice mails that I am convinced he thought were coming from a howler monkey. Sometimes you have to just laugh, cry, eat fluff, whatever so that you don't go mad.

"If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it. Don't be mad when you see a knit cap won it. If you wanna win then you shoulda put a hat on it."- Fenton

• TSDTSD member
    I silently put his clothes back on after the screaming, took him down to the sunroom where the baby jail is, put tv on, then left him there for a half hour while I took a shower.
  • I can absolutely commiserate. Ive been listening to Miles scream in his crib for a half hour now. He goes to sleep at night without any drama but every nap is a fight. It starts the moment I pit him in the crib, and he stands up and gives me a 'how could you?!?!' look while silent screaming. It's awful and kind of comical.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • I can absolutely commiserate. Ive been listening to Miles scream in his crib for a half hour now. He goes to sleep at night without any drama but every nap is a fight. It starts the moment I pit him in the crib, and he stands up and gives me a 'how could you?!?!' look while silent screaming. It's awful and kind of comical.
    image Mabel the Loser.