Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

non clicky poll: swearing at work

so the guys in my area (including my boss) all swear. nothing extremely crude, but they say "sht" a lot, out loud, for everyone to hear. one of the other guys in my area, when working one on one, he said that something was "fcking annoying"...and that caught me off guard. i work in an office environment..and i just don't think that kind of language is acceptable. don't get me wrong--i don't have the cleanest mouth..but i can control it at work.  i just don't think it's appropriate.

i also work with mechanics and when i'm in the factory, they swear too..they drop f bombs, and other words...but the environment out there is different, and it doesn't catch me off guard at all...i guess it should, but the environment is just different. 

1) do you swear at work? bonus points for telling me which words you use Devil

2) do others in your area swear?

3) do you swear outside of work?

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: non clicky poll: swearing at work

• 1) do you swear at work? bonus points for telling me which words you use Devil

Only around a very, very, very small group of select (super close) co-workers and only when the situation absolutely calls for it. Nothing past [email protected] and sh!t. I won't drop the F bomb at work at all. Period. 

2) do others in your area swear? no

3) do you swear outside of work? occasionally
  • 1) do you swear at work? bonus points for telling me which words you use Devil

Occasionally, usually just [email protected], crap (not really a swear, but kinda is for work imo)

Oh yeah, especially the Sales guys.  I hear the f-bomb regularly, and [email protected], sh*t too.

Yes, I try to do it less now since babies are kinda/sorta on the brain, so I might as well start training myself not to.  But my dog knows whenever he hears f*ck, he had better stop doing whatever it is he's doing Surprise

OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • image jennlin:

1) do you swear at work? I don't swear at work (and my co-workers don't think I ever swear - hee hee, if they only knew)

2) do others in your area swear? They sure do.  But they're only supposed swear in the warehouse, not the office.  If they do and I catch them, they're like 'oh, sorry!'  It's kind of funny, actually.

3) do you swear outside of work? Yep, in the car a lot and sometimes at home - like a sailor! Stick out tongue

My job now yes, I use just about any word [email protected], sh!t, f*ck, hell, a$s but I make sure not to do it when the oldest girl I nanny is around lol 

2) do others in your area swear? No, the others Im around are to little lol

3) do you swear outside of work?Yes, like a trucker! I used to work with all men and if you were offended by swear words you pretty much might as well have quit on the spot lol I've always had a potty mouth though oops! lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds

Yes.  Mostly F*ck or some form of that.  But, I'm a criminal defense att'y and work with criminal defense att'ys -- and my clients, what we see everyday is a little different than a normal office environment and swearing and off-color conversatins are normal, expected and no one is offended.  I sometimes have to catch myself when I'm talking to a juvenile client. ; )

But, I've worked in other office environments, where I think it'd be weird and inappropriate.

Yes.

Yes, but probably not as much.  Definitely in the car!  It's gonna be the hardest thing to change when we have kids.

BabyFruit Ticker