October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Getting excited for my garden!

It has been pouring literally all weekend here but I managed to make it out to our Farmer's Market between raindrops this morning and picked out all of our herbs and veggies for our backyard garden.  I'm so freaking excited (and hope that it doesn't hail with this latest round of storms) to get planting!

I got 2 kinds of beefsteak style tomatoes plus an heirloom variety as well as roma and grape tomatoes (we canned a ton last year which was so wonderful in the middle of winter when everything here looks as gross as it tastes since it gets shipped in from somewhere else), Brussell sprouts, eggplant, cucumbers, sweet banana peppers, snap peas, green beans, thyme, cilantro, rosemary, basil, dil, mint and garlic.  My Rhubarb, chives, oregano and sage are all yearly repeaters and they're back too.  My experiment with shell peas and green peppers failed miserably last year so those didn't get repeated this year.  I'll happily go back to the market for those this summer.  *grin*

Now it can stop raining for a few days and get nice and sunshiney out so I can get these in the ground. 

Re: Getting excited for my garden!

• You are wearing me out!  I tell myself that I am supporting our local independent farmers  :)

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • That sounds amazing.  I wish we could do more than pots.... pots just don't grow many fruits/veggies.  We for sure will have tomatoes.  My mom started a ton of plants from seeds and just put 19 in the ground!
  • I had to do all containers for a long time before DH and I made a spot for a raised bed.  I had good luck with tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs in pots.  My chives are still going strong in the same pot I've had them in for a few years now and I have to move my sage to a pot because it is becoming a bonafide shrub.  I had no idea it came back every year!
  • Oh, we definitely have herbs all the time -- I can't go without my fresh herbs.  Smile