Baltimore Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Here's my first for the day--snowballs

I remember asking this last year. I like the old fashioned crushed ice snowballs, not the shaved ice. Where can I get a good one??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Here's my first for the day--snowballs

• We always went to Tastee Zone or Opie's in Catonsville. I think one has shaved ice (TZ maybe?) and one has crushed.  I like Opie's flavors better but TZ will put an extra layer of ice cream in my tastee top without charging me extra, and they use styrofoam cups so the ice doesnt melt as fast (opies may do this now too, but Candy Box does not.)  But I think TZ has better egg custard flavor for some reason. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I know almost nothing about sno-balls.  I think this is totally a b-more thing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Walther snowballs on Walther Ave (rd.) in the city...very old fashioned, limited flavors, will put a scoop of icecream in the middle
  • image vjcjenn1:
    Walther snowballs on Walther Ave (rd.) in the city...very old fashioned, limited flavors, will put a scoop of icecream in the middle

We went there last year and I was disappointed--the chocolate was really watery :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image KathrynMD:
    I know almost nothing about sno-balls.  I think this is totally a b-more thing.

I think so too.  We had snow cones up in Jersey, but they were only at carnivals and fairs and stuff like that.  

• http://citypaper.com/special/sizzlinsummer/snowbal-timore-1.1148020

This was in the most recent City Paper. It has a map and everything! I can't wait to have my first snowball of the season!!

6.12.10 June 2010 Siggy Challenge: Fave E-pic image My Bio
  • image idonthavethis:

image vjcjenn1:
    Walther snowballs on Walther Ave (rd.) in the city...very old fashioned, limited flavors, will put a scoop of icecream in the middle

We went there last year and I was disappointed--the chocolate was really watery :(

that's my favorite place to get chocolate...but i guess it's just preference, I don't like my chocolate thick like hershey syrup, I want it thin like the other snowball flavors

I get egg custard there alot too

• My favorite snowball stand is Hawaiian Snowballs on Liberty Road btwn Randallstown and the bridge into Eldersburg.
  • image luckii00:

image KathrynMD:
    I know almost nothing about sno-balls.  I think this is totally a b-more thing.

I think so too.  We had snow cones up in Jersey, but they were only at carnivals and fairs and stuff like that.  

Me too.  Only had snocones at fairs in NJ.  Never had any in MD.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • image asnowracer:
    My favorite snowball stand is Hawaiian Snowballs on Liberty Road btwn Randallstown and the bridge into Eldersburg.

Oh good to know! I have been wanting to stop there every time I drive past. Looks like tomorrow I'll be stopping :)