October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WWYD: Work Related

Say you've just gotten a new supervisor at work. Prior to their arrival in your particular dept something happened between you two that caused her to not like you and now, uh oh, she's your boss. I should also mention that prior to her arrival you were considered a good employee now however she natters constantly that you don't know what you're doing, blames you for others short coming, brings you up to managment and gets you in with trouble them and basically makes your work life a living hell. You've begun to fear for your job even though you do know what you are doing, you enjoy it and you get along with the rest of your co-workers/clientele. Would you:

1) Apologize for said past incident and ask if you can start fresh

2) Ask if you can talk to her one on one or with her and management to see if you can figure out what the issue is and work with her/them to correct it.

3) Ignore her she has a grudge and no matter what you do she's gonna hate you.

4) Job Hunt

5) Special Snowflake and Explain

I tried to make a poll but it was massive fail.

Photobucket

Re: WWYD: Work Related

• I would always lean toward starting with #1 then moving to #2 if #1 didn't solve the problem.  But some #1 doesn't work with some people and jumping to #2 is better.  I also might consider being open and apologetic with them regarding the situation that happened that instigated everything... I'm not sure if I would do that during them meeting or before though. 

I don't think it's worth looking for another job before you've attempted to solve the problem if that's the only thing that bothers you there.  

Let us know what you decide and how it goes!

• I'm with millie.  Generally, I try to address work related conflicts with the person directly first.  If that person is the type of person who will take something and twist it around and run around rampant with it though, then involving another unbiased 3rd party is probably best. 

• Having read the background, 2 and 3--with 2 being with her and mgt, not one-on-one.  Your CW does not owe this new boss an apology for anything.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!