October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

We bought a car!

Not nearly as exciting as a house but DH and I are finally getting rid of my beater of a car and getting a new (well to us anyway) one. My old car developed quite the "personality" over the last few years, was getting old and needing repairs I just couldn't justify, and generally started looking like crap. 

Goodbye horn that randomly honked when I hit potholes or big bumps

See ya A/C that never worked but I didn't know since I bought the car in October (yeah, learned my lesson on that one)

Adios turn signal that wouldn't turn itself off

I won't miss ya missing fan control knob that made it necessary to yank one of the other knobs off the other controls to change.

Bye rusting wheel well that got started after working 5 years at a high traffic retail area and getting door dinged on a regular basis

Sayonara  sunshade clip that randomly fell off one day so the visor would swing freely.

I won't miss you one bit! Ok, except for the all wheel drive that came in very handy this incredibly snowy winter.  I might miss that.

Hello Ford Flex that I've wanted for a year and is all bright, shiny, and new!  

Re: We bought a car!

• Congrats!! The Ford Flex's are cute!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! Anything new is very exciting :). And good riddance to the old car!
  • Congrats on the new car!!
    Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • image Krissie117:
    Congrats!! The Ford Flex's are cute!!

Thanks!  I had to talk DH into them last fall because they're a little unusual/unconventional.  He was sold on them after we took one for a test drive though.  I was driving and he was in the back seat.  Even if I slid the driver's seat all the way back, he had room to spare between his knees and the driver's seat.   We didn't want another SUV but I wasn't ready for a minivan so it was a good compromise.  I can't freaking wait to get my old one out of my garage.  Big Smile

• Sounds cute!

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Congratulations! 

We're at the point with my car that we need to decide whether to put a couple thousand dollars into it or just dump it and get a newer one.  The smart side of me says put the money into this car one more time but I really don't want to listen... we'll see which side wins.  Smile

• New Car!  Big Smile  I was grumbling for having to pay $350 for new front brakes last week.  My car is 11 years old though and I knew that before long, something big was going to fail and it was going to be expensive to fix or I'd have to go to a junk yard to find the parts I needed which didn't sound like fun.  I didn't want to have to fix it and THEN sell it.  This way, I'm still getting some $ on the trade - actually quite a bit more than I would have if I had gone it solo.  Thank you dear Uncle for helping me out on that one.  Having a car dealer in the fam has its benefits from time to time. 
  • Enjoy the heck out of it, especially AC on hot days...simple bliss :)

Photobucket