Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

how important is...

cross training when you are training for a 10k? This might seem like a ridiculous question, but last year I was out of work when I trained for my first 10k, I had all the time in the world,...this year I work 50+ hours a week and just feel no motivation and normally no energy to do it all. I'm lucky if I'm running 3 days a week...please help. The race is May 30th.

Re: how important is...

• Can you cross-train and run on the same days? I only ran 3 days a week when I trained for my first half and threw in one or two days of cross training.
    The face of Kitty-Hate
  • I haven't actually thought of doing them on the same day. I guess I could if I wasn't too tired. That's a good idea, thanks.
  • image Dslove4life:
    I haven't actually thought of doing them on the same day. I guess I could if I wasn't too tired. That's a good idea, thanks.

I'm still curious though if it's vital to do CT.

• I ran one without any cross training. Granted, it was incredibly hard for me, but this was partially because I just started running in January and mostly because I hadn't run in the 3 weeks before the race due to an injury.

It probably makes the race easier and it prevents injuries, but if it's a choice between your sanity and training, I'd say keep your down time and don't worry about CT.
    image Visit The Nest! PitaPata Dog tickers