Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Let's talk poop

Baby poop that is! For the past 2 weeks or so little man is only pooping every 3 days. He doesn't seem uncomfortable at all, is this normal? He is eating 5 oz every 3-4 hours.

Re: Let's talk poop

• Is he drinking BM?  I thought they should go every day, but you might call the pedi.  If he doesn't seem bothered, it might not be an issue. 
  • image luvjon:
    Is he drinking BM?  I thought they should go every day, but you might call the pedi.  If he doesn't seem bothered, it might not be an issue. 

Yes he is getting BM. 

• Totally normal, K!  Evan was on BM exclusively and he only pooped about once a week.  The doctor said she had seen babies go 10-14 days with no issues.  She said he was just using all the nutrients and good stuff in the BM and, therefore, not having any waste. 

For the record....Evan once went 12 days.  He unleashed at daycare Big Smile

• image *kms*:

Totally normal, K!  Evan was on BM exclusively and he only pooped about once a week.  The doctor said she had seen babies go 10-14 days with no issues.  She said he was just using all the nutrients and good stuff in the BM and, therefore, not having any waste. 

Although my son is an optimal pooper, my pedi did give me this same warning.  Apparently 7-10 days is normal for a breastfed baby.

And K - wow, glad that was at DC!

• image *kms*:

Totally normal, K!  Evan was on BM exclusively and he only pooped about once a week.  The doctor said she had seen babies go 10-14 days with no issues.  She said he was just using all the nutrients and good stuff in the BM and, therefore, not having any waste. 

Ick!

• image LindsaymR:
    image *kms*:

Ick!

Oh, it gets better!  I walked into her house and there she is scrubbing poop out of 2 pairs of pants, 3 onesies, a sweatshirt and blanket.  I told her she should have thrown it all away....I would have!!  I (not so) secretly laughed b/c we were having issues with her at the time.

Wink

• image *kms*:

haha!  Mason did that to DH on the first day he was home by myself with him. 

• Normal!  My pedi was shocked today to hear Alexis poops so much a day!  Instead of burping she likes to power poop it out as I like to say!