Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WWAND?

Got a call from the school that R got into a fight on the bus and he ended it by throwing the other boy down on the ground and stepping on his throat.  WTF???  Where did he learn something like this?  I have no idea what to do in terms of discpline.  Spanking the crap out of him sounds good at this point.  So any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WWAND?

• Oh my! I don't know where to start with that either. Is he old enough to "ground?" Take priviledges away? I'm sorry you are having to figure this one out!

Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09
  • image RugbyBride:

Oh my! I don't know where to start with that either. Is he old enough to "ground?" Take priviledges away? I'm sorry you are having to figure this one out!

He already gets grounded from going outside to play unless a parent is with him because he keeps going into people's houses without asking.

Currently the only priviledges (tv, game system, or computer time) he gets is earned by his daily report from school.  He only earns 15 minutes on good days.

I told him we had thought about taking away his birthday party this weekend (which we won't do).  He is currently packing up all the toys in his bedroom and putting them in the hallway and then will get to sit in his bedroom until I've figured out what i'm doing with him.

• Maybe have him write a letter of apology to the boy he got in the fight with? Deffinetly take some priveleges away but maybe also he needs to do something nice like a chore of some kind (even if it's small). My brother was like this when he was little... my mom couldn't punish him enough. Finally she stuck him in Martial Arts to help him learn some self discipline. Good Luck! That's sucky! Sorry you have to deal with that!

Our Fur-babies!
  • This is only what I (think I) would do:

Would not spank him because, in many minds, it's fighting violence with violence and would do no good.

I would take away every single privilege/fun thing he's got, for around 2 weeks.

I would take away his birthday party, moreso to show I mean business and this behavior will not be tolerated.

I would also focus on figuring out the specifics on the fight, how he felt, how he thought the other kid felt, what he could do differently next time, etc. (but this could just be the psychology major in me).

And possibly write the kid an apology letter and/or apologize directly to him.

I'm sorry, T.  Good luck!

• image copaceticcrack:

This is only what I (think I) would do:

Would not spank him because, in many minds, it's fighting violence with violence and would do no good.

I would take away every single privilege/fun thing he's got, for around 2 weeks.

I would take away his birthday party, moreso to show I mean business and this behavior will not be tolerated.

I would also focus on figuring out the specifics on the fight, how he felt, how he thought the other kid felt, what he could do differently next time, etc. (but this could just be the psychology major in me).

And possibly write the kid an apology letter and/or apologize directly to him.

I'm sorry, T.  Good luck!

I agree with all of this!!

Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09