September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weird Coworkers

We all have them, right?  Let's hear your best stories!

This one lady at work has decorated almost every open inch of her cubicle, and it's all orange.  Except the set of 3 nesting (plant) tables that she just brought in that are turquoise. 

She also brings to work a rolling cooler (see pic) that is absolutely huge for a lunch pail, which this clearly is to her.  It is also orange, of course.  I noticed today that there is a combination lock on it (orange, natch) that is actually locking it closed. 

Anybody else? 

Re: Weird Coworkers

• OMG!! I love the cooler! Who would steal something out of a rolling orange cooler?

I've got so many of these stories and all on one person. My co worker (AKA Boss' daughter) is cray cray and thinks she is the busiest most important person in the office. She brings her very weird sheltie into the office EVERY day. She likes to take her shoes off and let the dog lick her toes.

One of our building mates down the hall is also very weirded out by her, but boss' daughter has taken a liking to her. The other day when building mate was in the restroom, she heard someone come into the restroom but didn't hear the stall door. She looks up, and there is BD peeking through the crack who then starts to talk about how big the gaps between the stalls are.

Now we all go downstairs to go to the bathroom. 

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

Kaz, what a complete weirdo!  Wowza.  She's special. 

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    Also, my rant/invite to comment is in honor of the coworker who has put up a handwritten sign on the outside of her cubicle letting us know that this is administrative professionals week.  I told one of the other attorneys here that I'm too busy doing my own admin work to celebrate them. Every time we ask for something even as simple as mailing a letter, it's like pulling teeth. 
  • One of my coworkers cuts everything in half before she eats it. EVERYTHING. Like the mini snickers bar she just ate. I'll have to think tonight.
  • image mushE:

We all have them, right?  Let's hear your best stories!

This one lady at work has decorated almost every open inch of her cubicle, and it's all orange.  Except the set of 3 nesting (plant) tables that she just brought in that are turquoise. 

She also brings to work a rolling cooler (see pic) that is absolutely huge for a lunch pail, which this clearly is to her.  It is also orange, of course.  I noticed today that there is a combination lock on it (orange, natch) that is actually locking it closed. 

Anybody else? 

Has it occurred to you that maybe everyone thinks you're the weird coworker Confused?  Hehehe...only kidding.

I once worked with a guy who was the most pessimistic person you ever met.  He was so negative about everything.  He reminded me of Eyore, oh bother.  I actually felt bad for the poor guy.  When he was younger he married a woman from Italy while he was in the military.  He brought her over to the US and they were happy for a while.  She then left him to join a cult Indifferent.  Now I can see why he was always so grumpy.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    Debdeb, I'm only the bitchy and judgmental one, not the weird one.  Wink
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

image thatjessie:
    One of my coworkers cuts everything in half before she eats it. EVERYTHING. Like the mini snickers bar she just ate. I'll have to think tonight.

Jeez, that's a weird quirk!  What's her body type like?  I think some people do that kind of thing to try to force themselves to eat less.

• OMG...I think my coworkder is tweaking.  He's all over the place and won't freaking shut up.  He used to be a meth addict so I think maybe he's using again.  I can tell when I look in his eyes.
  • image mushE:

That's the one I am too.

• image debdebdol:

image mushE:

That's the one I am too.

Ditto!!

She's a little overweight but not horrible. She could maybe lose 20lbs and be average.

As for the tweaking thats not cool. A girl in my office comes in stoned at least once a week.

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    Ick about the druggies.  That's one good thing about working for the government - not many people do drugs, probably partially because of the possibility of random drug testing.