September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

finally thursday

and it is my friday--i head to texas tonight, could not be more excited!

it was hot and humid last night, woke up in a sweat.  but i cannot complain, so nice to have warm weather again!

lastly, on my way to work, i got gas, and someone had spilled gas alllll over the handle of the pump.  so now my hand smells like gas.  i have washed in in the stainless steel sink with dish soap 6 or 7 times now.  still smells... 

Re: finally thursday

• Morning All!! Shauni have fun on your next adventure, I hate the smell of gas it makes me wanna just scrub my hands off!! I have been battling this stomach virus/green monstering cold for two weeks now. Plus side I lost 8 lbs, down side Im completely over having no energy feeling like I live in a bubble and idiots coming to work with these viruses and spreading them like STDS!! In other news work finally slowed down so I have some time to check up with you all! Hope everyone is doing well, for those who are expecting Congrats and enjoy ever minute. DH and I have actively start TTC..........kinda fun at the beginning he was like uhh no, its scary I dont know Now we have a chalkboard and team names for who is going to win this game. We have Team Zach and Team Baby....Team Baby has 5 points Team Zach has 1 Its so cute now he even changes the score board for team baby. So hopefully a bean will start cooking soon, since I already have names in mind and the nursery theme I want to do In other news holy batman thank the joker this semster ends tommorow. Last two finals tonite HALLLLLLLLLLEJUAHHHHH I have never been so happy to be finished a semster in my life. One week of and summer classes start May 8th ohhh joy!!!! Looking forward to going away next month for memorial day weekend/ 3 year ANNIVERSARY! Looks like we will spend a long weekend on the west coast of FL. And then 2 trips to the dirty Jersey Shore in June! Yayyyyyyyyy I love going home to see my old friends and we have a wedding!
  • I'm feeling pretty awful. I'm still at home, but I've been working since 7. I do need to go in for a few meetings later though.

Bruins won last night (Yay!). They will be playing the Flyers in the next round (boo. hiss.). All of the home games are on days that I already have plans, so they better move on to the next round so I can actually get to a game. 

And I am ridiculously exhausted. I cannot wait for the weekend. 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Have fun in Texas Shauni! That's on my list of places to visit but I want to go during football season to see the Cowboys...maybe one day.

Mary - Hope you feel better ASAP! I got a z-pack last week to knock all the crud out of me and I finally feel human again!

I'm tired today. I woke up at 2 to some lightening and then tossed and turned til 4 before I finally got up and moved to the couch where it was storming like crazy. 1) You know it's bad if it wakes me up 2) I never get scared during a storm, but I was scared this morning and almost had to wake Jeremy up. Andplusalso, my legs feel like jello from the 2.5 miles I jogged/walked last night.

I'm supposed to have a meeting this morning but haven't heard anything from the teacher and she's nowhere to be found so we'll see if it actually happens. Other than that, busy day of therapies and getting portfolios ready and then taking Jeremy halfway so he can hang out with the BIL and some other guys before their (sister & BIL) ceremony/vowal renewal Saturday.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I was off Monday so this week is going stupidly slow. Every day I've felt like it was a day ahead of time. At least tomorrow is Friday.

I forced H into making me doing the 30 day shred last night. I really thought I was dying, but not because it was too hard but because we've been cheap and haven't turned on the a/c yet even though its been in the 80's and humid. A cold shower has never felt better. I've managed to convince myself to work out again tonight, thunderstorms pending, because I just don't shower in thunderstorms. 

I tried out that Too Faced Primer stuff to see if it would do anything to make my face look more even (freckles/paleness). It didn't look any different in the bathroom mirror but it looks better in the mirror at work. 

I started using Sparkpeople again to record what I'm eating so I'm off to go log in my breakfast!

• First of all, GO BRUINS!!! BIL is awesome (and also owes us money) so he gave up his ticket and I get to go to the first home game of the next round with DH and I'm super excited :)

In other news, my manager told me she could see my baby bump this morning...*le sigh* I guess I won't be able to hide it much longer - but I'm only 9 weeks! I guess that's what happens with #2, you show much faster.

Also, I want ice cream. I don't care that it's 9am.

• Morning all!  For some reason I'm in a maniacally good mood.  It's scaring the coworkers.  I think I'm just delirious from sleep deprivation.  Stayed up late to watch the Nuggets lose.  Shocker.  Out of the last 9 years, we've been knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.  I decided I will only be a fan if we make it to the 2nd round :p

Worked late last night to make up for my long lunch.  Then went to the gym to swim.  It was glorious save for the non-showered, overweight, hairy man who I had to share a lane with.  He didn't shower before entering the pool and my mouth burned like his bad cologne the entire time.  Boo.hiss.  I'll live.  Plus I swam a 700.  The swim part of the tri is only a 750.  Huzzah for my first official training session!

Then went to goodwill to get cowboy gear for a cowboy/indian themed bday party this weekend.  Got shirts AND hats for DH and I for $6 total.  Score!  My half black, hip hop & techno-loving azz will never be caught dead in cowboy boots.  I do have to draw the line somewhere.  No offense to any cowgirls out there..

Then went to the shoe store to get fitted for running shoes.  I found a pair I liked, but the girl thinks a different shoe would be better.  She ordered it in from another store and I will compare the two within the next week.  When she put me in a neutral shoe and I jumped on the treadmill, I didn't even feel like I was running.  It's amazing what even a "bad" good shoe can do for you.  So excited to get my new babies and hit the road. 

Sorry for the book, the Starbucks has kicked in full force..

Shauni-have fun on your trip! 

Mary-howdy stranger, good to see you!  Good luck TTC

Emily-great job on the wog last night

• Oh and Shauni, I reeked of gas yesterday!  Coworker ran out of gas, took her to gas station, we filled up a gallon can, spilled it all over ourselves, then spilled more when we put the gas in her car.  We're retarded girls who can't do anything.

Aspersia-mmmmm ice cream.  I say go for it!

LTB-great job on the shred.  But how do you make someone make YOU do something?

• Howdy..........stranger!! I know I really miss being on here more often! I swear I read everyones FB updates haha!!

Brew Im so happy your happy today

• Brew - I told him I'd refuse to make dinner for the rest of the week unless he told me I had to exercise. Since he likes dinner, its a win-win. lol
  • Morning All!

Yesterday my happiness over having my last class was completely diluted when I got home and had both Barbri and Kaplan review books sitting on my doorstep taunting me  Crying  argh.  But at least classes are over.

I have a nail appointment this morning and then I need to get focused on finals!

The weather hates me freezing cold last week - humid and gross this week. Please I beg you - spring weather I just bought a trench coat for goodness sake!

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • Morning. Go Bruins!  Go Celtics!!  Had to get that out of my system lol

I was woken up this morning by a frantic phone call from my mother.  Apparently she injured her hand at her aerobics class last night.  She's a nurse and her opinion is that it's broken and needs surgery.  She's in alot of pain.  So, she got a ride to my hospital this morning for an emergency appointment with one of the surgeons here and I will need to take off to drive her home later and probably tomorrow too since she'll need someone to stay home with her while she recuperates. She did not want to go to the Emergency Room last night since she was so confident she needs surgery she just wanted to come in this morning and see one of the doctors here.  Other piece of it is that she and my dad are in a fight about something, I don't know what (probably because of my sister and my mom's frustration with her hand) and she is not talking to him, does not want him to bring her anywhere or help her, and I am caught in the middle.  Fun fun.

I was considering taking a personal day tomorrow anyway and this is now another excuse.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • image lovethebeach16:
    Brew - I told him I'd refuse to make dinner for the rest of the week unless he told me I had to exercise. Since he likes dinner, its a win-win. lol

LOL, love! Big Smile

• Morning!  It's gray and nasty here this morning.  We had all sorts of tornado warnings and watches through last night into this morning, which is pretty rare for MD.  What isn't rare is my dead-to-the-world sleeping right through all of it.  Thank goodness it didn't materialize into anything! :-)

I'm excited this morning b/c my boss just told me I get to go to a conference in Orlando in a couple of weeks!

Vacation

Vacation
  • image sunshine_day_dreams:

Morning!  It's gray and nasty here this morning.  We had all sorts of tornado warnings and watches through last night into this morning, which is pretty rare for MD.  What isn't rare is my dead-to-the-world sleeping right through all of it.  Thank goodness it didn't materialize into anything! :-)

Its a VERY eerie shade of gray here in Baltimore county. And really windy. I'm slightly creeped out because we don't have anywhere without windows or exterior walls in the office. 

• Loving the Bruins love! Last year, I was horribly outnumbered by Flyers fans.

While watching the game last night, I was also on our lap top (H's from freshmen year of college, that thing was old), f'ing around on the internet. I wasn't wearing much clothing (humid + no A/C on yet = panties and t-shirt) and a spider fell from the ceiling, onto my upper, upper thigh aka really close to my vah-jay-jay area. I flipped out and ending up launching the laptop across the room. Laptop is now useless. Good thing H and I were already considering buying a netbook, huh?

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Gas smell in the car is the WORST.  Enjoy Texas, Shauni!  Sometimes I really miss it there.

Mullen - good luck TTC!  Jeff jokes that we'll call our future child 'baby' since our cat is just 'Kitty'.  We forget she even has a real name.

LTB & Sunshine - weather last night (and today) was so freaky.  I was watching the news and they were telling all people in Baltimore County to get inside, and Jeff was still driving home so I was just sitting there watching it and looking out the window every two seconds.  This morning I was waiting for the train and it was that eerie, super-bright sky and a slight sprinkle and heavy rains, I was positive I was going to get hit by a tornado and I practically ran the 6 blocks from the station to work.

I'm actually in a very good mood today.  I put myself on a spending freeze because of several recent purchases, and all of them arrived yesterday and the day before.  Yesterday I wore something from the ON sale section (that was all Brew's fault!!) and today I have on stuff from the J. Crew sale (can't remember who talked me into the short-sleeve cardigan) and I brought along the Columbia fleece I got from 6pm.com.  I'm such a consumer wh0re.  I really don't need to buy anything else this summer, though!  I needed some key transition pieces (transition both weather-wise and weight-wise) and some layers, but now I'm all set.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hey all!!!!

My computer (at work) is still a virus filled POS and they have yet to come and give me a new one, so I am again working out of my boss' office.  Confused

Had visitation last night for my friend's mom.  It was terrible.  Open casket which I thought they might do, but was still surprised.  I don't think someone is ever ready for that.  It's never pleasant. 

Today I plan on checking my grocery ads and matching up my coupons.  Watched new episode of Extreme Couponing last night and I'm determined to do better than I have been. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image moleson99:

Had visitation last night for my friend's mom.  It was terrible.  Open casket which I thought they might do, but was still surprised.  I don't think someone is ever ready for that.  It's never pleasant. 

I know it's because I wasn't exposed to it growing up, but I don't understand the need to see the body.  It makes me extremely uncomfortable.  And it's even worse to see people touching, hugging, and kissing the body.  Obviously it means something to these people or they wouldn't do it, but it's so foreign and strange to me.

• image LauraT25:
    image moleson99:

I know it's because I wasn't exposed to it growing up, but I don't understand the need to see the body.  It makes me extremely uncomfortable.  And it's even worse to see people touching, hugging, and kissing the body.  Obviously it means something to these people or they wouldn't do it, but it's so foreign and strange to me.

Yeah, I don't really understand it either.  And I also get uncomfortable when people are touching, kissing, etc.  I guess it's a way to pay respects, it's it's still odd to me too.  I felt terrible b/c my friend was standing (with her brother and sister) in a line and she was closest to the casket and she just kept staring at her mom in it.  I think it made it worse for her.

• Yay for Thursday and tomorrow being Friday!

Shauni- yay your coming to Texas! We have pretty awesome weather right now so hopefully it stays around for your visit!! Have Fun!

My mom came over last night and surprised me with a last minute b-day present and it was a NOOK COLOR!! I am so excited! I couldn't even wait for it to fully charge last night so I was sitting on the ground by the bed playing with it last night for like 2 hours. It so awesome, I love it! Still trying to figure eveything out though. And I cooked meat loaf and mashed potatoes last night.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • One day closer to Friday thank heavens.  Yesterday I also walked/jogged on my treadmill for 30 mins.  We washed my poor neglected car.  We got home and I started watching American Idol.  Oh was it horrible?  I am officially over that show. 

I have training tonight, we have 3 days left of our 4 week training so it will be nice.  Once the training is over I have a 200 hour commitment within 6 months and then I'll get my CA certification. 

Emilyann- Awesome job!

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I really have nothing to add but I will agree with all the Go Bruins and Celtics.

I will add Go Sox! it's still a long season. I'm not giving up hope yet.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
  • image debdebdol:

One day closer to Friday thank heavens.  Yesterday I also walked/jogged on my treadmill for 30 mins.  We washed my poor neglected car.  We got home and I started watching American Idol.  Oh was it horrible?  I am officially over that show. 

I have training tonight, we have 3 days left of our 4 week training so it will be nice.  Once the training is over I have a 200 hour commitment within 6 months and then I'll get my CA certification. 

Emilyann- Awesome job!

Agree!  It's definitely gone downhill even though I like Steven Tyler.  I watched the new singing competition The Voice (Tuesdays on NBC) and was REALLY impressed and pleasantly surprised.  I watched one episode and already like it better than Idol.  If you're looking for a replacement show I'd check it out!  All the singers were actually really good and it eliminates the long auditions in the beginning so by the time the contestants get on the show it's already narrowed down to the real talent.  Plus the structure of the show with the blind auditions is really interesting.  A really refreshing change.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Well it is snowing here still today and of course I have the day off.

DH is working all day (10am - 12:30am) thanks to his new job, but I am planning on making a yummy ham dinner with the whole works for his dinner break since we did not do anything for Easter.

Since I am not playing outside with this weather I am going to work more on our desk. It is so close to being done, but is much larger than we anticipated. Will post pictures when it is done. 

• And even though they aren't playing tonight since they already advanced to the second round...

Go Preds!! 

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

I'm here, but not feeling it yet.  I obviously need some Starbucks or something, but have been off coffee for months.  I'm having a little can of Coke instead, but that's more to curb the morning sickness.  (I know, I'm making you ladies who aren't yet TTC scared!)

Getting excited for our yard sale this weekend.  I love to bake, but MH asked me to not do it so much since he ends up eating most of it, but I'm going to make a whole mess of red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and have a bake sale for Share Our Strength.  So excited!  Now to dig up the energy to do all the baking, when we've got to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday to set up...

• image LauraT25:

Gas smell in the car is the WORST.  Enjoy Texas, Shauni!  Sometimes I really miss it there.

Mullen - good luck TTC!  Jeff jokes that we'll call our future child 'baby' since our cat is just 'Kitty'.  We forget she even has a real name.

LTB & Sunshine - weather last night (and today) was so freaky.  I was watching the news and they were telling all people in Baltimore County to get inside, and Jeff was still driving home so I was just sitting there watching it and looking out the window every two seconds.  This morning I was waiting for the train and it was that eerie, super-bright sky and a slight sprinkle and heavy rains, I was positive I was going to get hit by a tornado and I practically ran the 6 blocks from the station to work.

I'm actually in a very good mood today.  I put myself on a spending freeze because of several recent purchases, and all of them arrived yesterday and the day before.  Yesterday I wore something from the ON sale section (that was all Brew's fault!!) and today I have on stuff from the J. Crew sale (can't remember who talked me into the short-sleeve cardigan) and I brought along the Columbia fleece I got from 6pm.com.  I'm such a consumer wh0re.  I really don't need to buy anything else this summer, though!  I needed some key transition pieces (transition both weather-wise and weight-wise) and some layers, but now I'm all set.

Sorry I think that might have been me!  I thought it was really cute do you love it?!

• a HA!  It was YOU!

j/k, I do love it a lot.  I got it in the cream color (not the green...I wasn't sure if it would be exactly as pictured and that's an iffy color on me).  I've gotten like four compliments on it today; if I get another I should say, "Thanks! My friend Angie picked it out!" Stick out tongue

• image LauraT25:
    a HA!  It was YOU!

j/k, I do love it a lot.  I got it in the cream color (not the green...I wasn't sure if it would be exactly as pictured and that's an iffy color on me).  I've gotten like four compliments on it today; if I get another I should say, "Thanks! My friend Angie picked it out!" Stick out tongue

Haha! I really do love it, I'm happy to hear you love it too! Now when J.Crew factory opens tomorrow guess what I'm buying?! Smile  Let's hope they still have it in my size!

• FYI, it's a little big.  I like that it's loose, but I easily could have ordered a size down for a more fitted look.  JIC they have only one size smaller and you're on the fence!