Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

stray cat advice

Behind our condo building is a greenery row with bushes, trees, etc. that completely fence us off from a neighborhood behind us.

A couple summers ago some kittens were born in the bushes to a cat that didn't belong to our complex.  Most of the kittens are gone, but there are two (now cats) that are living in those bushes.  We were super creative at naming them:  white with orange and poofy fur. 

I put food out and we have a "cat house" that my husband built for on of our kitties that is an indoor/outdoor kitty, and one of them sleeps in that occasionally.  White with orange was a wanderer and just recently started coming around again.  He is skinny and is always itching and cleaning, but otherwise seems in pretty good health.  Poofy fur use to be what we would call our "outdoor kitty."  He was always around.  Then about a year ago, he basically disappeared.  He showed back up recently and I was happy to see that he hadn't gotten sick and died somewhere, but what I did see is a giant gouge behind his ear.  It's a bloody, raw area about 1.5 inches around.  :(

I have called the humane society and they won't come get them.  They are feral cats so they cannot be caught by me to take them to the humane society or even a vet.  It hurts my heart so bad to see him like that. I mean, really even if it was infected really bad or whatever and they had to put him down, that would be better than him just eventually suffering and dying in the bushes.

What should I do?

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: stray cat advice