Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Happy Thursday Seattle Nesties

I'm dragging this morning but I am only working a half day so I hope to make it through. I'm working reference now and then I have to read some job applications. We're trying to decide who to interview and we had our meeting yesterday. There we so many candidates that we divided into 2 groups and I need to review the "maybes" from the other group. 114 applicants for 1 job. Yikes!

Ballet class was pretty good last night. Lately I've been so tired on Wednesday night that I get relly grumpy. I'm glad it was better last night.

What's your plan for today? Jenn, are you done with your old job?

Re: Happy Thursday Seattle Nesties

• Happy thursday!!! 114 applicants is nuts!! is that total or only the ones who were qualified. That seems like a really hard job to do to pick 1 from that large of a group.

Saturday is finally my BFFs wedding in Birch Bay. can.not.wait. Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas for gifts.  they updated their registry and finally i decided on a few things on the list that went together. he wanted a nice drill so we got that and a few wall sconces with candles to go in them so he hest something and she gets a few things :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Lib-bride:
      114 applicants for 1 job. Yikes!

yikes is right!! the job market is crazy still!

image Lib-bride:

Jenn, are you done with your old job?

today is my last day!!!!! i have an exit interview at 11:30-12....i *think* i'm going to be done after that..but i'm not really sure. i haven't had a chance to pass off all my accounts because the coworker who has my more difficult accounts has been going through a lot of stress lately and we hadn't had the chance. we planned on doing it on monday, but his mother passed on sunday (great timing, right?). so i haven't even seen him yet. he usually comes in late (9:30am)..but i don't expect to get started right away since he's got so much on his mind, and will be getting lots of sympathy talks, etc....the timing of this whole transition just wasn't ideal....so hopefully i have enough time to train him on my stuff! he has experience doing what i do..but each customer is unique..and i have the neediest of customers.

tomorrow, bright and early is a new job!

yesterday was fun, though. it was the "award ceremony" of my work's bowling league....they win cash prizes, so it was pretty exciting! then after the ceremony, they had a "fun" bowling thing..where there were tasks per frame.... i.e. bowl with your left hand, bowl backwards, etc...and i joined in on that one. super fun.

have a great day ladies!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Oh Birch Bay! I love that place! I used to go there when I was little with my family and we would stay at this place called Jacob's Landing. I haven't been there in years though! Good memories.

So I have to say, I totally heart my CPAP. It's the sleep mask for sleep apnea. I've had it about a week and a half now and oh my god how it has made a difference! I used to sleep from midnight/1am till almost 10am and still feel tired, cause I was constantly waking myself up in the middle of the night from lack of air. Now I go to bed around midnight/1am and get right on up at between 6-7am EVERY morning. Naturally too, no alarm. It's insane! I always knew the human body only needed 6-8 hours of sleep to survive, but I just could never live on that. Well, fixed it! I'm so happy.

So now I'm on the hunt today for alcoholic cupcake recipes, didn't someone post a pina colada cupcake? Or was that a cake? I think it was a few posts ago, I'm gonna go check back, my friends 21st birthday was this week and we're throwing her a party on Sat and I want yummy alcohol desserts.

Hope you all have a great day!

• image jennlin:

image Lib-bride:
      114 applicants for 1 job. Yikes!

yikes is right!! the job market is crazy still!

image Lib-bride:

Jenn, are you done with your old job?

today is my last day!!!!! i have an exit interview at 11:30-12....i *think* i'm going to be done after that..but i'm not really sure. i haven't had a chance to pass off all my accounts because the coworker who has my more difficult accounts has been going through a lot of stress lately and we hadn't had the chance. we planned on doing it on monday, but his mother passed on sunday (great timing, right?). so i haven't even seen him yet. he usually comes in late (9:30am)..but i don't expect to get started right away since he's got so much on his mind, and will be getting lots of sympathy talks, etc....the timing of this whole transition just wasn't ideal....so hopefully i have enough time to train him on my stuff! he has experience doing what i do..but each customer is unique..and i have the neediest of customers.

tomorrow, bright and early is a new job!

yesterday was fun, though. it was the "award ceremony" of my work's bowling league....they win cash prizes, so it was pretty exciting! then after the ceremony, they had a "fun" bowling thing..where there were tasks per frame.... i.e. bowl with your left hand, bowl backwards, etc...and i joined in on that one. super fun.

have a great day ladies!

Party!!!YesDrinks

• Lib-bride: You can just hire me! Wink (Of course I have no idea what you do, or what you're hiring for. New just sounds good!)

Jennlin- Good luck tomorrow! I hope your first day is marvelous.

I'm watching the clock waiting for this day to be over so I can go to dinner with DH at Golden Beetle. Otherwise, I have a ton to get done in the next 2 days, because I'm hopping into Denver on Saturday morning for my BFF's baby shower, and hopping back out on Sunday. But it should be fun, she has no idea I'm coming.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Good Morning,

I have another 12 hour day ahead of me. I can't wait to get through it. Tomorrow I only have to work 8 hours. I am hoping it is slow today so I can get out for one of my favorite networking events this afternoon. Can't wait for the week end.

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • bukahbukah member

I'm excited because today is my friday! Taking a much needed 3 day weekend! Tonight is dinner for a friends bday so that starts my 3 day weekend off right!

Hope you girls have a fantastic day!!!

• Today is my last day at my job, and i move back home tomorrow, yay!  I should be packing... but i'm not.
    This weekend we're going on a short backpacking trip w/BIL and a friend.  I didn't plan it, so i'm nervous, but i'm sure it will be fine, even if it's not as carefully planned as i would prefer.

Breezy -- Birch Bay is great.  Have fun at the wedding!

Lib -- Yikes is right.  Hope you find a few good applicants in that stack of resumes.

Jenn -- Good luck tomorrow!

Brandy -- Try a Harvey Wallbanger recipe.  You won't be disappointed.

Kari -- Sounds like a great weekend!

Karebare -- 12-hour days are rough... but the weekend is near!

Bukah -- Enjoy your long weekend :) 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)