September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

wednesday weight loss/accountability check in

ugh, today sucks.  I gained weight this week, but i kinda figured i would with easter. 

ALTHOUGH, I finally got a new sports bra that is equiped enough to contain "the girls".  With that said, I am pledging to get working out more.  My knee (which has given me problems since high school, etc.) is flaring up again, so I'm going to start small and do pilates which will be easier on the knee than walking, etc.

How is everyone else this week?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: wednesday weight loss/accountability check in

• Not good! My only exercise has been yardwork Sunday and last night. I am headed to zumba today too.

With Easter and the RWP, I am starting back up with my food journal Monday. I forgot this week for one thing, and now it seems pointless.

• I'm kind of excited/perplexed because I weighed myself on Monday for the first time in months. The last time I weighed myself I was 196. I CLEARLY put on a ton of weight since then. I hopped on the scale and it said 201 (not the 210 I presumed and it's the same scale I've always used, in the same place I've always used it). Yay for not being terribly much over 200. Boo for having gained fat and lost muscle.

And since Monday, I've been good about what I eat. Even yesterday, when I took a client out to eat, I got water to drink, ate no bread (!!!!), ordered very health consciously and didn't clean my plate.

I've been "eh" about exercising because I somehow (not from exercising) have been destroying my feet lately. I have blisters everywhere, heels, toes, sides. Like it's to the point that I'm wearing flip flops to work (I NEVER wear flip flops to work!) and I have band aids all over my feet. 

But I figure at least I'm getting the diet part done and I can add more to the exercise part later. 

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • I'm back on the wagon this week thanks to a reality check last night with a dress not fitting. Definitely watching what I eat and exercising daily is a top priority.

Now I just have to get this easter candy out of the house or make Jeremy eat it all (he probablly will since he has THE biggest sweet tooth ever) so I'll just keep avoiding/restraining myself and let him eat it since it doesn't do anything to him (so not fair).

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • friday was my weigh in day and i was extremely impressed that after my week of unhealthy eating in NM that i didnt gain anything!  stayed the same (11 pounds down).  and then we had passover, easter, and not so much great eating this week...BUT i have been kicking it up with my running and this week will have run 14 miles total.  next week too.  i wont get weighed this week bc i leave tomorrow for texas, but hopefully next friday i will see a pound loss.
  • image shauni27:
    friday was my weigh in day and i was extremely impressed that after my week of unhealthy eating in NM that i didnt gain anything!  stayed the same (11 pounds down).  and then we had passover, easter, and not so much great eating this week...BUT i have been kicking it up with my running and this week will have run 14 miles total.  next week too.  i wont get weighed this week bc i leave tomorrow for texas, but hopefully next friday i will see a pound loss.

Congrats on the 14 miles!!!  That's awesome!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This may be TMI but I just ovulated and when I ovulate for the past couple cycles I have been retaining a couple pounds of water weight for no reason.  This happens again two weeks later when I am actually on my period.  FML.  Please tell me some of you experience this too and my body is not freaskish.  So, given that I will need to wait until my official weight-in tomorrow AM to see where I'm at.  I have been eating well and kicking up my excercising, so hopefully once the bloating goes away I will actually see a loss.  Is it weird that I can tell when I'm starting to drop my excess water weight?  I can feel myself dropping it starting last night / today.
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • I was up 4lbs last week (lets not discuss) but after eating right sunday through today im down 3!!! that's with no working out. Goes to show just what horrible and large amounts of food will do to ya.
  • No comment.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • image citygirl17:
    This may be TMI but I just ovulated and when I ovulate for the past couple cycles I have been retaining a couple pounds of water weight for no reason.  This happens again two weeks later when I am actually on my period.  FML.  Please tell me some of you experience this too and my body is not freaskish.  So, given that I will need to wait until my official weight-in tomorrow AM to see where I'm at.  I have been eating well and kicking up my excercising, so hopefully once the bloating goes away I will actually see a loss.  Is it weird that I can tell when I'm starting to drop my excess water weight?  I can feel myself dropping it starting last night / today.

This happens to me too!!!

• This is the start of my third week of trying, so I will play along with this thread now!  I've been doing really good with exercising and eating right, I'm praying that my motivation sticks around (unlike other times I've gotten back on the wagon).  Vain as it is, the need to look cute in summer clothes is probably my biggest driving force right now. 

I'm counting calories and I've hit my target all but three days since I started, and two of those days I was under.  My other goals deal with working out (at least 4x per week) and random crap (Starbucks no more than twice, buying my lunch no more than once) and I've been reaching those goals too.  I've exercised all but three days since I started (which is HUGE for me - I always come up with excuses not to exercise).  I weighed in on Sunday and I'd lost 2.4 lbs in two weeks.  If I follow that pace, I'll be ok for a wedding in May.

I have a goal weight (130) and a happy weight range (135-145) because while I love the way I look at 130, it's very very hard to achieve and maintain so I generally only attempt it (and usually fail) for beach vacations.  I think by the end of May I can get back to the upper end of my happy range.  Sorry this was long, this is my first time here so I gave back story!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ugh not well. I had tons of unhealthy stuff for Easter and then while studying on Monday I ended up eating something like 4 small handfuls of Starburst jelly beans.

I have all of my college homework done for the week so I plan on going home and exercising tonight. 

Next week are my finals. I need healthy and super quick dinner ideas (30 mins or less) when I have a really picky husband. Any suggestions? 

• I am down around .4, which is good since I am aiming on maintaining. I also have the worlds biggest sweet tooth and between my mom, MIL, and DH we had a lot of Easter candy around. I am trying to stick to a gluten free diet now and am very curious to see if this will affect my weight.
  • I'm not really doing badly, but not really doing WELL either. I have been doing pretty good with working out on the Wii Fit since we got it.... weighing myself and working out for at least 30 minutes and beating my calorie goal of 115. Right now I am still flucuating with my weight. I need to up my goal and really start paying attention to what I am eating. At least I haven't been eating out very much (except when I am at my waitress job and eat something there in between tables).

I really need some new summer clothes that don't make me look like a whale shoved into a leotard... That would be my goal, to NOT look like that while sweating like a pig.

Great visual huh? *hangs head in shame*

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    image lovethebeach16:

Ugh not well. I had tons of unhealthy stuff for Easter and then while studying on Monday I ended up eating something like 4 small handfuls of Starburst jelly beans.

I have all of my college homework done for the week so I plan on going home and exercising tonight. 

Next week are my finals. I need healthy and super quick dinner ideas (30 mins or less) when I have a really picky husband. Any suggestions? 

Make him cook.  Stick out tongue

• image mushE:

*snort* 

Husband + healthy foods = the world imploding. If I ever asked him to make me a salad I'm 99.9% sure he'd faint from the mere thought of touching vegetables. 

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    image lovethebeach16:
    image mushE:

*snort* 

Husband + healthy foods = the world imploding. If I ever asked him to make me a salad I'm 99.9% sure he'd faint from the mere thought of touching vegetables. 

Oh, yes, mine's the same.  If I asked him to cook, he'd make us a chicken enchilada (with nacho cheese + shredded, of course) and then be shocked when I told him it wasn't healthy. 

• LTB, Cooking Light has a section of 20-minute (or less) meals in every issue, here's a list from their website, divided by section:

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/quick-healthy/20-20-superfast-suppers-00400000038097/

I always check out the reviews and generally stick to the 4 or 5-star rated recipes, and I've always had good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image thatjessie:

image citygirl17:
    This may be TMI but I just ovulated and when I ovulate for the past couple cycles I have been retaining a couple pounds of water weight for no reason.  This happens again two weeks later when I am actually on my period.  FML.  Please tell me some of you experience this too and my body is not freaskish.  So, given that I will need to wait until my official weight-in tomorrow AM to see where I'm at.  I have been eating well and kicking up my excercising, so hopefully once the bloating goes away I will actually see a loss.  Is it weird that I can tell when I'm starting to drop my excess water weight?  I can feel myself dropping it starting last night / today.

This happens to me too!!!

I hate it!!  lol 

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • I'm like Deb-no comment.

I will however say that the Biggest Loser bet w/ brother is off.  He's a d-bag and we're not speaking.  Not planning to anytime in the future either.  Without the bet, it's hard to stay motivated. 

I did just sign up for a triathlon in August.  Hopefully all the training will balance my lack of eating right.

• I'm down to 143 so that's good-- I took off the weekend with Jillian-- some serious nights at church for Easter-- was well worth the small break.

I've been seriously snacking on carrots and crunchy fruits and vegs....I like to snack on things that crunch and rather than chips I opt for produce. Also at night I tend to want to snack more...so that's when I get time with Jillian! Still hoping to take another pic at the end of this week.... see if anything has changed. :o

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...