September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Tueday is a good day for once

It's gorgeous outside, I'm going to get my first pedicure since December in a few, tomorrow is my last day of work for the week, I ordered my day lilly bulbs yesterday, I'm going to do some more annual planting tonight, we do not owe on taxes this year, and I got 11 hours of sleep last night. Holler holler holler for 50 million dollars.

I hope you're all having a smashing day as well.

Re: Tueday is a good day for once

• ooh lilies!  Love it! 

Today is not what I would call a gorgeous day, it's a little too hot for me.  In the shade with a breeze, though, it's quite pleasant!  I'm already dreading summer - coming to work sweaty and gross is such a nightmare.  On the bright side, I have leftover homemade shrimp pad thai for lunch!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate sweating, and I am a sweater. I know I will have to pull my cardigan off the second I step outside.
  • I was wondering where the Tuesday post was.

Hello Tuesday.  It's cold outside this morning, but I still put my flip flops on.  By the time I take my lunch it will be nice outside.  Last night we washed the car and ate leftovers.  Today I need to go to Wells Fargo to open a checking account.  Call me weird but I like to have more than one checking.  I have my personal that I use a lot and then I always have another with extra money (and use of a debit card) in case I need it.  I have training tonight, and when I get home I need to devote 1 hour to working out. 

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • busy.  bUsy. Busy.  busY.  BUSY!

that about sums it up.

major thunder storms up here.  our house was SHAKING last night it was so bad!

stephanie, are you pumped for RWP?? 

• Today is HOT! Just like yesterday. I'm also a sweater and hate it. My  mornng has been crazy busy with therapies and I finally get a small break and lunch. I really want to go get lunch but Jeremy dropped me off this morning so I don't have a car. Probably better anyway that I don't.

We went to the grocery store last night, then I cooked chicken tacos and Jeremy wennt to his men's tennis thing and I was alseep by the time he got home. Too bad he woke me up and I was wide awake til about 1.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I'm glad I'm not the only sweater.  I often feel like I am; I'll be the only person on the train or in class dripping with sweat.  Booo.  Of course, I also get cold really easily, so I always carry around a cardigan/fleece, too!
  • I sweat so much tooo! I will be the only one when me and H are out some where sweating and he's just fine. The high here today is 97 and we are only in April so I can tell this is going to be a bad summer. Miserable!! Thank the Chevy gods for remote start on my tahoe or I would be baking when I get it, black leather is no good on skin.

Yesterday H worked day shift so he was home for dinner so I actually cooked a meal. It was the first time in over a week because we have been so busy. It felt good to get back in the kitchen! He will be home again tonight but I think I will just throw some stuff together we have in the house already.

Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • image LauraT25:
    I'm glad I'm not the only sweater.  I often feel like I am; I'll be the only person on the train or in class dripping with sweat.  Booo.  Of course, I also get cold really easily, so I always carry around a cardigan/fleece, too!

I love warm weather but I sweat like crazy.  Sometimes it embarrassing because when I get sweat spots under my underarms.  I've tried so many anti-persperants and they don't work.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

Morning, ladies.  My day started off nicely, because I got all the puppy cuddles last night.  The bad part is that that was because H was out of town for work, but luckily just for the night. 

My parents dropped by on their way home to pick up their dog, who sorely missed my dad.  We went to dinner at a thai restaurant because I wasn't up to cooking, and after hearing about Laura's leftovers, I want more pad thai!  Yum. 

My mom got us some cute baby outfits, which is kind of jinxing it, but she's unstoppable.  She also got a handmade Steelers bib and burb cloth at a farmer's market, which she's going to wrap up for H. 

• Am I the only one that doesn't have hot and/or nice weather today?!?!?!  It's rainy and windy and blah!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

All this repeating of the word "sweater" reminds me of one of my most oft-repeated work anecdotes.

This guy's last name ends with -erer, which is kind of unusual.  On his income statement once, he wrote his occupation as "gutter installerer."  Of course, my BFF/bridesman and I always drag it out even more to 'gutterer installerer.'

• image shauni27:

BEYOND. And I feel like I have more things to do before the RWP on Friday than the week before my own wedding. The week before our wedding MFD and I were sitting on our buttockseseses on the beach, drinking wine, napping, and walking our dogs.

This week I have to run 230483 errands, clean, decorate, get my annuals planted, pick up best hat and best outfit prizes, make sure I have spots for everyone to sleep, make food. I am insane. hahahaha

• image mushE:

All this repeating of the word "sweater" reminds me of one of my most oft-repeated work anecdotes.

This guy's last name ends with -erer, which is kind of unusual.  On his income statement once, he wrote his occupation as "gutter installerer."  Of course, my BFF/bridesman and I always drag it out even more to 'gutterer installerer.'

hahaha. I like to add extra ers to words that already end in er, then laugh inappropriately.

• Crazy busy today.  5 people gone in a 15 person office.  Joyous that one of those five is my snatchy ex-boss!

Steph-SO butt hurt that I can't travel a bajillion miles and come to your partee.  Not that you invited me, but I would crash if I could.  If I had a hat that was hella cool, I would consider coming :p

Moleson-fricking FREEZING here today.  Weatherman predicts warmer temps tomorrow.  They're all hacks in CO in springtime.  Noone can predict..

MushE/Steph-DH and I always add unnecessary 'ers' to words.  And we laugh about it too!

To all-I alternate between sweating like a pig in the summer and having numb digits in spring/fall/winter.  Not pretty.  Thank tiny baby jesus that it's not humid here.  Ever.

• You would totally be welcome at my party. You still are if you want to travel! hahahah

Humidity is my nemesis.

• image stephaniem1977:

You would totally be welcome at my party. You still are if you want to travel! hahahah

Humidity is my nemesis.

Yes!!  I would rather be back in Texas, where it is routinely over 100 degrees in the summer, than in the 'a$$ crack of America' (I think I'm quoting Mr. LTB correctly, apologies if not).

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    image brew311:

To all-I alternate between sweating like a pig in the summer and having numb digits in spring/fall/winter.  Not pretty.  Thank tiny baby jesus that it's not humid here.  Ever.

He is the best jesus, after all.  And YES, I am so thankful that I don't live where it's humid.  Even visiting Disneyworld in November a few years ago was rough. 

• mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    image stephaniem1977:
    image shauni27:

BEYOND. And I feel like I have more things to do before the RWP on Friday than the week before my own wedding. The week before our wedding MFD and I were sitting on our buttockseseses on the beach, drinking wine, napping, and walking our dogs.

This week I have to run 230483 errands, clean, decorate, get my annuals planted, pick up best hat and best outfit prizes, make sure I have spots for everyone to sleep, make food. I am insane. hahahaha

Ha!  This makes me laugh.  More to do to prepare for the RWP than our real weddings. 

• Moleson - it is raining and windy here too and the kicker is that it is supposed to turn into snow later with an expected 1 to 3 inches. :)