Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Has anyone heard from tigersi?

I noticed she hasn't posted in a while and I am a bit worried about her and the kids. 

I am hoping that she has changed her SN (I noticed a few people have done that lately...I had to a few months ago thanks to the nest messing up my account when then did those updates).

Anniversary

Re: Has anyone heard from tigersi?

• Haven't heard. Hoping it's for good reasons.
    My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Me too...hopefully she moved out and hasn't set up her internet service yet :)
    Anniversary
  • I was just thinking about her today. I hope everything is going ok too.
  • She posted on Starting Over earlier this week, but I don't think I've seen anything since.
  • Oh good at least we know she is "out there", hopefully she will wander over here and give us an update :)
    Anniversary
  • Yes, she has been posting on Starting Over. I'm not sure if she's tired of hearing what we have to say or wanted to some different (or actually similar) opinions.
  • Have I told you guys lately how much I really do appreciate you?! Well, it's long overdue then! 

I am still here, kind of lurking around.  Nothing really to report on my end.  H has been his usual "delightful" self.  His outbursts have been better, but the manipulation in other areas is the same or worse (or maybe I'm just seeing what they really are).  I'm moving forward with my plans to leave.   I hit a bit of a snag with some of the paperwork I need to have straightened out, but I've talked to a few really great lawyers, and I think I have picked the one I want to represent me, I just have one more that I want to talk to before I finalize that decision. 

I got a snapshot of what life would be like if I stayed when we went over to the IL's house for Easter yesterday, and it's certainly NOT something I'm interested in.  MIL has threatened to leave at least a half a dozen times since H and I started dating, and she brought it up again yesterday.  FIL's response was "Oh well, *** happens."  and she laughed it off!  Seriously??  I was embarassed FOR her!  But then it hit me that she has threatened so many times, that he doesn't take it seriously anymore and the threat has lost its power to encourage change, real or otherwise. 

There are no more threats in my future, just action.  That's the only way to make my situation better.  Leaving for good is my only way out and that's what I'm going to do, for myself and my son. 

Today is H's birthday.   His sense of entitlement is especially acute today.  I'm sure it's going to be a lovely evening.  I didn't even get him a card, and I'm not going to.

• Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to hear that you're okay and moving ahead with your plan.
  • Good for you!  I am glad that you are moving full speed ahead.  I am sure that his birthday will bring you even more clarity as to why you are making the best decision for your son and yourself.  Good luck and don't be such a stranger...
    Anniversary
  • I feel a little bit stronger every day.
  • I kept coming back, hoping for an update post, so please do let us know how things are going. I'm glad you have made your decision. Please don't let the one snag stop you from leaving in the timeframe you set. If you stall, he'll know and see it as a weakness in your resolve. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to pm me, ok?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!

• I'm sorry for being such a stranger, I'll try to post updates more often.  It's just been crazy at work and we don't have internet at the house.  Everyonce in a while I can pop in on my blackberry, but for the most part, I have to be either at work or at the library. 

I didn't see a point in getting the internet set up since I'm not planning on staying that long.