September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

brag about DH

We always chat a lot about ourselves,but let's talk husbands. And I haven't been around much so if this has been done recently feel free to smack me.

What does DH do for a living?

What is his best personality trait?

What is his worst habit?

What made you realize you wanted to marry him?

and GO!

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/24zht0w.jpg[/IMG]

Re: brag about DH

• What does DH do for a living? currently he is applying for new jobs outside of his regular field which is industrial supply sales. He sells stuff like all the nuts and bolts Six Flags in NJ uses. Sales is really slow right now though, and he racks up a ton of miles on his car for little money.

What is his best personality trait? He's funny as hell and a smart ass, but when we're together very nurturing and romantic!

What is his worst habit? He's not very good about helping with household chores. He says all I have to do is ask for his help and he will, but I always feel like I shouldn't have to ASK.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? I honestly wasn't sure DH was the one, until he brought up (jokingly) that he had bought me an engagement ring. That's when it kind of clicked that I loved him more than anything, and we meshed so well.

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/24zht0w.jpg[/IMG]
  • What does DH do for a living? He's a realtor. By all accounts from friends who have used him, he's one of the best out there.

What is his best personality trait? He is silly and zany and funny and laid back.

What is his worst habit? Procrastination

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? Even in those moments when I am pissed off and really raging over a disagreement or something, I know I could not be without him. He is a great balance to me and he makes me laugh every day.

• What does DH do for a living? he is the mountain manager for a ski area.  aka very outdoorsy and works with his hands.What is his best personality trait? He is the hardest worker i knowWhat is his worst habit? messy and not as helpful at home as i would like.  but he has gotten so much better.
    What made you realize you wanted to marry him? everything?  we clicked, it made sense, why not?  i know that sounds weird, but i am not the romantic type.  we worked.  there was no reason NOT to get married, you know?

• What does DH do for a Living?  DH is a physician he does Pedi G.I, finishing up fellowship this June and a real attending salary to follow in July!

What is his best personality trait? He is always thinking of every else before he thinks of himself.  Basically it makes him a super sweet and caring guy!

What is his worst habit?  Buying me stuff everytime I say I want something? Lol.  If I have laundry separated out on the closet floor - he seems to forget where the laundry basket is, making me have to separate everything - again. 

What made you realize you wanted to marry him?  It was right after I met him, It all just felt "right".  He is easy to talk to, sweet, and interesting.  Everything just seemed better with him.

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • What does DH do for a living? - H is an accountant for a private company.

What is his best personality trait? - He's sweet, nurturing, romantic, considerate, kind, and can always make me laugh!

What is his worst habit? - He's lazy about doing chores around the house unless I remind him then he snaps in to gear.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? - there was one night that really made everything click for me:  junior year of college, I got SO sick with a fever, sinus infection, sore throat, etc during finals.  I was trying to cram and study while I was sick and was stressed and miserable.  H had called earlier to say he wouldn't be able to see me that day which made me even more upset.  That night there was a knock on the door and there was H showing up unexpectedly with a surprise boquet of flowers and a big hug and kiss for me.  I looked like crap, no makeup, hair not brushed, crappiest sweatshirt and sweatpants to study in and he said I looked beautiful and he loved me.  Then he went down to get me a smoothie and some popsicles and stayed to take care of me for a couple hours.    I knew we were heading in that direction but that night cemented it for me.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • What does DH do for a living? He's in manufacturing for a company thay makes robotic arms for the medical field.  I have no idea what that means, but that's what he does.

What is his best personality trait? He's patient which balances me out because I am not a patient person.

What is his worst habit? Which one do I pick?  Leaving his clothes all over the floor.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? I can't remember.  I knew I wanted to marry him (and we almost did) back when we were 18.  He's just an incredible man.  He's caring, understanding, and funny.  Even though we were only 18 we knew that we wanted to marry each other.  Fast forward 10 years and we finally got married.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • What does DH do for a living? He is an aeordynamic something something steam turbine design engineer for GE.

What is his best personality trait? He's ridiculously intelligent, very patient when dealing with me and I love his sarcastic, dry sense of humor. And when we're alone together, he's capable of being a total crazyface doofus and he's normally so serious. I love that.

What is his worst habit? Being a perfectionist and criticizing EVERYTHING. I told him the next time he needlessly criticizes me, I'm going to yell "NO!" really loudly like I do when the dog is starting to do something bad.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? He was my best friend. I knew I was going to marry him while I was dating my last ex. I was going to break up with my ex. I was laying in bed, listening to music (ex was sleeping next to me) and the song "Breathing" by Yellowcard came on and I couldn't deal with it anymore. I got up at 3AM, changed my AIM away to "Swing Life Away" and 15 minutes later, H showed up at the park I'd walked to and we ended up laying on the merry-go-round thingy and staring at the stars together.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • What does DH do for a living? He's not working right now, but he's always been in management positions. The last company he worked for he handled logistics and customer service.

What is his best personality trait? He's that stereotypical "nice guy" and wants to help everyone.

What is his worst habit? He's not good with time management. He'll be playing a computer game and tell me he'll be done in an hour but if I don't say something when the hour is up, an entire day could pass by.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? I don't think it was anything specific, just a combination of his personality and how we interacted together. When he brought up getting married I just had this feeling of "I don't want to date anymore, I want this for the rest of my life."

• What does DH do for a living? He's finishing up his residency in July and starts his attending job in Sept!

What is his best personality trait? The funniest person Ive ever met! :)

What is his worst habit? hahahaha - ummm i dont really want to put it! :)

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? o wow - i knew from the first date when the thought went through my head "i really hope this works out!" we went to rocky balboa and were discussing the whole time how we were going to write the most amazing spoof for the rocky series ever lol (im sure a lot of ppl were mad at us for talking so much!) and! the first time we ever met its kinda funny - there is this unsung feud between physicians and scientists - who is more important - which usually ends in both parties yelling at eachother and it was really nice to hear him say that physicians and scientists need to collaborate more and how we both contribute to helping society-looking back it may have been a pickup line lol! (my ex was a med student who said i was wasting my life being a scientist because i wasnt helping anybody - i study diabetes - jerkface)

wow that was longer than anticipated lol

• What does DH do for a living? he manages/works at a restaurant.

What is his best personality trait? he can make me laugh when I am in the worst mood/feeling crappy

What is his worst habit? He's a little to outgoing. ie. We were out to dinner once and we were sitting at the bar and the ENTIRE dinner he sat and talked to the guy next to us.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? I honestly think before we even started dating. I brought him to my house becasue i need to change clothes.

Side note:  At the time my mom had this cast type thing on her arm because of the treatment she was going through (cancer) she may or may not have been going through chemo at the time as well and my brother was there who has Down syndrome. (I had not told him any of this)

Greg just walked in didn't seem shocked or wierded out and was very go with the flow even when her asked my mom what hapepn to his arm. I think this is when he also impressed my mom because later she asked me if I had told him about anything.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What does DH do for a living? He is a tax examiner for the state of Massachusetts, and he also owns/runs a removal service with his father

What is his best personality trait? He is very strong, selfless, and funny

What is his worst habit? Sometimes he tries to be funny when I just need him to be serious or sweet, and he can get very flustered

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? For the first and only time in my life, I felt like I found someone that actually understood everything I did and did not say - and amazingly, I understood him too. He is the only person who has ever made me feel safe enough to just be myself and on top of it all, for some insane reason, he thinks I'm beautiful and he loves me.

• What does DH do for a living? Fellow PhD student (biophysics)

What is his best personality trait? I would say his sense of humor and ability to make me laugh.  He's also much more cheerful and generally sees the brighter side of things.

What is his worst habit? He's pretty messy.  Messes don't bother him so he doesn't see the need to clean up.  It brings out my messy side sometimes, which is even worse.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him?  A million little things.  I really can't put it into words, but objectively I used to think that we could have a happy life together before I even thought we would ever start dating.

Edit: I change his worst habit.  It's really that he can't say no to people, and he's too nice for his own good.  People take advantage of him, although he's gotten better about realizing when he needs to put his foot down in toxic friendships.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What does DH do for a living? H is a journalist for our local paper, a weekend radio guy, a hockey ref, a soccer ref and a baseball umpire. He is also talking to a local company about a part time marketing gig.

What is his best personality trait? He is very easy going and balances me out.

What is his worst habit? Just one? He bites his nails constantly. Grosses me out...

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? I am like Shauni on this one. Why not? We knew we would get married from the first year we started dating back in high school. We make sense together.

• What does DH do for a living?

Communications tech and radio dj

What is his best personality trait?

Tie between kind hearted and funny.

What is his worst habit?

He's a talker which probably stems from the radio thing but just like somebody else said (sorry can't remember who) he will spend hours talking to some random person. He also knows entirely too many people.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him?

We just worked. There were no long walks on the beach or anything but he was/is great with E and was/is a great listener when I needed him the most. He let me be me and wasn't standoffish because of E; he's my best friend.

• What does DH do for a living? DH works at a bakery cafe, but he is quitting to work on his business full time.

What is his best personality trait? His sense of humor, definitely. He makes me laugh all the time. Sometimes so hard I pee. Butthead. lol

What is his worst habit? He doesn't think ahead much. He's very "now" and not so much "tomorrow" or "next week" so I do all the planning ahead stuff. Schedules are frustrating.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? I knew pretty early in our relationship that I was happier than I could have imagined. Being with him is just so easy. I didn't want to ever give that up. Also, we are both very family-oriented.

Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • What does DH do for a living? Right now he works at a local lube express place - similar to Jiffy Lube. Hoping he can get back into roofing (his DUI excludes him from really good jobs Sad.

What is his best personality trait? He's caring, thoughtful, can make me laugh anytime and will call me at random to tell me he loves me and to say hi (this is if we're both at work).

What is his worst habit? Aside from smoking, he will eat peanut butter out of a jar & only leave a teaspoon left (um, just finish the jar off), sometimes leaves his boxers in the living room and doesn't put his clean laundry away.

What made you realize you wanted to marry him? When we first started dating, there was something about him that I couldn't put my finger on. And even though he's 5 years younger, I found him to be mature yet silly at the right times, and we were on the same page with a lot of values and wanted the same thing in life. I also felt really comfortable around him and didn't feel like I had to act a certain way, etc.

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker