Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Margaret Atwood opinions..

I loved The Handmaid's Tale, it's one of my favorites. I recently started Oryx and Crake and like it so far, too. I'm thinking I'd like to read more of her stuff. Anyone read anything else of hers and have opinions?

Re: Margaret Atwood opinions..

• I love her stuff. The Handmaid's Tale was great, and what I've read of Oryx and Crake (I stopped about halfway through for something else) I enjoyed as well. The Penelopiad is pretty good, it's Penelope's version of the Odyssey basically. I've read another one, but I can't remember the name of it, it's a frame story about sisters and their lives as rich kids who end up poor and the people they come in contact with. Hard to describe, but I liked it.
    Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loved the Handmaid's Tale also! I read The Robber Bride & was not as into it, at all & the Oryx & Crake storyline sounded a little too sci-fi for me...
  • I love The Handmaid's Tale, but Oryx and Crake is the only other one of hers I've read.  I'll be looking into these other suggestions!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • I have mixed feelings on Atwood.  I've read The Handmaid's Tale and Alias Grace and I found both of them odd.  They were disturbing, but not in what I found to be that positive thought provoking, "what if..." manner, more in a what was she smoking manner.
  • I've read Handmaid's Tale, Cat's Eye, and Robber Bride.  I think I read those all in high school, I recall liking them again, but haven't been interested in reading anything of hers since, so I don't know if I recommend them or not!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megangelos/0115.jpg[/IMG]
  • I am a huge MA fan.  Her latest book, Moral Disorder is really great.  It's a collection of short stories that are all sort of inter-related.

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/n/nxgabzpt1.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • I read The Edible Woman in a women's studies class and really enjoyed it.
    imageimageimage
  • I loved The Blind Assassin and heard great things about The Penelopiad -- it's on my TBR list.
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers