August 2006 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Very traumatic moment

I just found out that last night at a proposition party, a large portion of my liberal-leaning intelligent friends decided to vote NO on Prop 2.  I hate prop parties so I didn't attend, but now I'm regretting it.  I've spent the last hour on Facebook posting Yes on Prop 2 op/eds and animal cruelty videos.  Combined with the Yes on Prop 8 signs in my neighbors yard I'm starting to lose it. 

Re: Very traumatic moment

• That sucks! 

If it helps, here's my farm share on Prop 2

http://eatwellfarm.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/10/please-vote-yes.html

They also have youtube videos of their happy chickens roaming free.

• Do you have any idea of their reasoning?

The ads are like whoa fearmongering.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh.

I was happy to hear that my conservative leaning Mom voted Yes on 2 and No on 4 and 8, but she is has always been socially liberal anyway. But it did help me feel a little better.

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/ohj02s.jpg[/IMG]
  • I don't understand why anyone supports torturing animals. Seriously.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • The reasoning I heard this morning was not very good. I crushed it in a highly emotional manner that lead to an eensy bit of tension.   It started out as "I don't really care about this issue" to "it doesn't really go that far since it only affects cows, pigs and chickens".  UM IT IS A FREAKING START.  The point of making it a modest measure was to get it to freaking pass.
  • I actually understand the argument. There are so many crappy laws passed that I am sensitive to the idea that this prop could just not be the right way to go about change. I don't think many people are "for" torturing animals....they might just disagree with the law as written.

• image AlisaS:

I actually understand the argument. There are so many crappy laws passed that I am sensitive to the idea that this prop could just not be the right way to go about change. I don't think many people are "for" torturing animals....they might just disagree with the law as written. 

I could understand this argument in general, but not for this prop -- I really think it's objectively a good law.  It's a very modest measure that has already been successfully adopted in AZ and FL with no adverse consequences.   

• Thank you for speaking out about prop 2! The no ads just use scare tactics and I fear that it may work, even on liberal leaning CA voters.
  • image EastSideFluffy:

That sucks! 

If it helps, here's my farm share on Prop 2

http://eatwellfarm.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/10/please-vote-yes.html

They also have youtube videos of their happy chickens roaming free.

I have "met" said chickens in person, and I'm happily voting yes on 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really hope Prop 2 passes. Please lead the way California!
  • I'm getting my states confused. ?I think FL has an amendment 2 to ban gay marriage, and I was confused about why you'd be mad about a no vote. ?Damn, I'm slightly hungover I think.