Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

worst vacuum ever (vent)

I have a Eureka Optima bagless?vacuum. ?We live in a tiny apartment (I mean really tiny). ?We have run-of-the-mill regular carpet, but I can barely vacuum one room before the thing just stops running and over heats. It takes me like 2 hours to vacuum 900 sq ft! We should have just invested in a real vacuum instead of trying one of the smaller ones. ?Don't buy Eurekas, they suck!

Re: worst vacuum ever (vent)

• I'm always plugging for my vaccum! It is a Bissell Heatlhy Home and I love it. The attachments are great for vaccuming the couch, getting cobwebs downs and cleaning mini blinds. It's a little pricey (over 200.00) but it was definitely one of the best things the hubbie and I bought after the wedding!
  • ugh that sucks, my dumb vacuum always needs its filter changed and it blows dust out of the attachment hose...
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like your filter just needs replaced or cleaned.  I have a little shark vac that does the same thing when the filter is too dirty.  I have a Dyson Animal and I love it, but I also have 2 dogs that shed like crazy so it is a God send for me.
  • A few things you can do:

Make sure your pile setting is at the correct height for your carpet

Clean or replace your filter

Clean your brushes, you could have hair jamming up the belt

Check your belt for signs of wear and consider buying a new one

Hopefully these tips will help extend the life of your vaccum!