Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Check Question

I have a question about writing checks. DH hasn't ordered new checks yet, with both of our names on it. I'm under the assumption that since it just has his name on it I can't use them(sign them) even though I am on the account. Am I right? And if I were to do this on accident that check would be a void check right? What would happen then. Without thinking I just wrote a check to the boy scout that came by(christmas stuff already!), then I realized oh yeah, I don't think I can do that. Do I need to go hunt his mom down or am I ok?

Re: Check Question

• You should be fine. The bank will look up the account and see if you are eligible to sign checks on the account. The bank does this every time a check is presented to them. If you think about it a company will have their name on a check but have several signers on the account. Their names are not listed on the account.

As long as you are listed on the account and have the ability to write checks, then the bank will process the check.

• Ok good, because we live in an apartment complex and I really didn't want to have to go looking for this mom door to door.