Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

sweeper vac recs?

I'm not a fan of cleaning the floors b/c it means dragging out the heavy vacuum, then mopping.  I have combo floors of tile and wood, + carpet.  I'm wondering if any of those sweeper type vacs are worth it.  I'm thinking that they are lighter and I'd be more inclined to sweep if it was easier.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: sweeper vac recs?

• I have an all tile floor house, and the Swiffer vacc works...ok. It gets the floor looking cleaner, but I feel like it's not really strong enough to get all of the dirt, or should I say sand (we're in Fl, near the beach and the backyard is that sandy type soil....drives me crazy). Also, the battery doesn't last very long but takes forever to charge. Our house is about 2,000 sq ft and the battery doesn't even make it half way through. Of course it won't work on carpet though, still gotta pull out the heavy vacc for that, haha.

I recently registered for the Shark hard floor cleaner (our wedding ceremony is in May, got married last month at the courthouse, haha) and have heard nothing but good things about it, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one because it is a little bit pricey. But, it's vacuums and steam cleans and is way lighter!

Hope I helped some! Good luck! 

I imagined my life without my dogs once...it was the worst 30 seconds of my life.
  • I recently got the Shark hard floor cleaner.  It vacs the floors, then you just attache the mop pad and it steam mops as well.  I use it on my tile and my laminate because it doesn't put a lot of water and because its steam, it dries almost instantly.  I absolutely love it.  I bought it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for cheaper than what you can find it online.!