Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

5ths Disease

Bella had a cold last week. Runny nose, slight cough and grumpy. When she woke up Saturday, she was completely covered in an awful looking rash. Doctor said it is 5ths Disease. She'll be fine. Rash will take a few days to go away. He said the only bad part is if she was near any pregnant women. ::raises hand::

So I have to have bloodwork for this done today. There is a good chance that I could be immune or that I already had it when I was little or something. It's the other percentage of women that actually get it that is causing me to freak out.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Re: 5ths Disease

• My cousin had a scare when she was pregnant. She did test positive for exposure but, thank god, her son wasn't impacted. I hope your test comes back negative!
  • I have no experience with it but wanted to wish you good luck with the test! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Good luck, Tammy!  That would scare me too.
    agorabymiriam.etsy.com
  • Oh no Tammy, I am so sorry!  Good luck at your test - when will you get the results?
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • I have never even heard of this disease before. Embarrassed I'm off to google.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image eaglesfan700:
    Oh no Tammy, I am so sorry!  Good luck at your test - when will you get the results?

I got the bloodwork done this afternoon. I should have the results by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. I'm trying not to freak out in the meantime, but I cant help but worry a little.

Heather- honestly I had no idea what it was either. I was more worried for Bella. This rash is seriously BAD. Then when the doctor said she would be fine and it was me he was worried about, is when I got nervous.

So far it has not passed on to any of the other kids yet. Chase has his fathers immune system. I swear he has been sick a total of 1 time in his entire life (knock on wood). Bella and Andrew are unfortunately like me. Sickies.

So we shall wait and see. Thanks for the good vibes ladies.

• Good luck, Tam...keep up posted!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not quite sure what information you are looking for, but I had Fifth Disease about 2 summers ago.  One day work I was having a hard time bending my pointer finger, and two days later I was in the hospital because all my joints hurt and I had a huge rash on my back. 

I was given anti-biotics and started to feel better in a week, but it took me another two weeks to get back to "normal"-- I still felt tired and my joints were still sore.

Good luck with your test!

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10 
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011 

• Thanks Amer. I was looking more for those that had it while pregnant. It is very dangerous for the baby
  • Test results FINALLY came back and I am Immune! THank God. I might have to get one more test to double check that there is no other form of infection, but they are seeing if the ycan run it off my other bloodwork first. What a relief. Thanks for the good vibes ladies.
  • Great news!!! I'm so relieved for you!
  • image MsTammy:
    Test results FINALLY came back and I am Immune! THank God. I might have to get one more test to double check that there is no other form of infection, but they are seeing if the ycan run it off my other bloodwork first. What a relief. Thanks for the good vibes ladies.

Great news!

• So glad to hear this Tammy!
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13