Buying A Home
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

wanting to put house on market

Mh and I are hoping to put our house on the market in the next couple of weeks (we are just finishing up some last minute touch-ups before we list).  We don't have a realtor yet, but did like one that we met at another open house we went to.  Can I contact her and ask her to give her opinion on what we should sell our house for?  We are thinking about using her as our realtor, but would like to get more than one opinion on what people think our house is worth (Of course i have looked at comps in the area, so i have an idea of what they might think, but would feel comfortable with a couple of opinons) Is it a good idea to have a few realtors come and give their opinion on pricing?  Thank you!

Re: wanting to put house on market

• Yea it is absolutely a good idea to interview a couple of them. I think it would just work to your advantage to be upfront with them and let them know. It is important you pick the right realtor as you will have a relationship with them for a long time. good luck!
  • Yes - we met with three.  While we liked all of them, we really "clicked" with the last realtor we interviewed.  Also, one of the agents had an unusually high selling price - which we think they did just to get us to sign.  Indifferent

I guess if I were you, I would interview at least three, to see which agent you see eye-to-eye with.  The price ultimately comes down to you, so don't let that deter you from an agent you really like - if that makes sense.

BabyFruit Ticker