Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WFD?

I have to stop by the grocery store on my way home from work to pick up stuff for fish tacos tomorrow with friends, but I don't what to do for tonight.  I really don't feel like cooking, but I'll be at the grocery store anyway.  I need some inspiration. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WFD?

• Homemade pizza?  Or some sort of pasta?  Or MorningStar burgers with fries?  Those are my go-to's when I don't really feel like cooking.

To answer your question, I don't know what I'm eating for dinner.  My husband will be out with coworkers tonight, which rarely happens. I'm pretty much never in a position to cook for myself, so I'm not sure what to make. 

Post-jack (sorry, Wop, hope you don't mind) -- What are your go-to non-fastfood meal options when you're on your own for dinner?

• image Kasa:

Homemade pizza?  Or some sort of pasta?  Or MorningStar burgers with fries?  Those are my go-to's when I don't really feel like cooking.

Post-jack (sorry, Wop, hope you don't mind) -- What are your go-to non-fastfood meal options when you're on your own for dinner?

Cereal, eggs and toast, grilled cheese and tomato soup, frozen pizza, spaghetti.

• We're having leftovers, I'm sure.  Sorry Wop, I know that's not helpful.

Quick meal tonight then heading to the rental.  It's almost finished.  (!!!!!!!!!)

Kasa, my go-to's are about the same as Wops; cereal, grilled cheese and soup, frozen pizza.  Last night I stopped at Plumbs and bought a Veggie Pizza Bagel.  Yum.

• Last night for me cooking for one.  I'm just doing an egg scramble (w/onions and peppers) in a wrap.

Kasa - my go to cooking for one meal is black beans and onions (usually I add some cinnamon, chili seasoning and cayenne) served on a baked sweet potato w/a side salad.  Sounds weird, but it's super easy and delicious

• I will be at a tupperware party but everyone at home will be having this.

We double the recipe so that we have leftovers during the busy week.  This time we used one of those fully cooked chickens from the Meijer deli section.  Turned out great.

• image Tigers:

I will be at a tupperware party but everyone at home will be having this.

We double the recipe so that we have leftovers during the busy week.  This time we used one of those fully cooked chickens from the Meijer deli section.  Turned out great.

Oh!  A Meijer deli chicken would be perfect!  I'll have to wait and see if they have any when I go. 

• Probably something mexican...quesadillas or tacos. 
    IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The boys are having Rainbow Trout tonight. I'm having chicken.
  • Pasta with oven roasted grape tomatoes, garlic and basil. I may add shrimp.
  • image MrsJuliD:

I'm just doing an egg scramble (w/onions and peppers) in a wrap.

This is essentially what I had, with some veggies on the side.  Thanks for the inspiration!