BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I lovehate insurance.

I went to the doctor last month for sore throat/swelling in my mouth and was told I had a mild yeast infection, did the magic mouthwash, all is well.

I get the bill and it's $165 and says 'no payment from primary, services not covered'. Normally an office visit is $20 copay.

After 4 phone calls, I find out that it was considered a dental service because the diagnosis was acute gengivitis. Really? Boooo.

Thankfully, I now have dental insurance.

ExerciseMilestone

Re: I lovehate insurance.

• Yeah, my insurance wouldn't cover my $80 typhoid vaccination because that's not a big concern in the States.  I don't get it- would they rather I contract a disease in Peru and have to cover those costs?  I have a sneaking suspicion they'd deny that claim saying it was my own damn fault I left a country with strict water-quality regulations.

I love that I have insurance that covers most of my ailments- it is just hard to swallow all the things they won't cover!

• Not fun! Glad to hear you have dental insurance although sometimes gingivitis treatments are considered a major service that they won't pay for until after the 1 yr waiting period and there could be pre-existing condition clauses (used to work in dental insurance). You may want to check to see what your coverage will cover before seeking further treatment but definitely check to see if your dental will cover it. You never know!

Yeah I have a love hate relationship with insurance too. It's been a rough flu/strep throat season for us. DH and I have gotten sick 4 times in the past 6 months and the billing department for the hospital every time we receive a bill isn't taking our insurance into account. We look at both statements and at times there is a two week difference between when insurance pays and the hospital prints their bills. So I have to call them every time (during business hours of course! lol) and each time they promise it won't happen again.

Last straw came for me this past Tuesday on my week vacation I had to call them. They said we owed $290 when we really only owe $150 when I had already called on the bill 3 weeks before. Really?! They made up some bs excuses when I called...but during business hours when I'm at work who has time to spend 20 min. holding on the phone? Sigh...gotta love it...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a doctor send me to a clinic for a shot in the neck for my pinched nerve one time.. not only did it not help, it wasn't covered.

$600+ for one freaking pointless shot.

You can imagine how happy I was about that.

• image alabaster_angel:

I had a doctor send me to a clinic for a shot in the neck for my pinched nerve one time.. not only did it not help, it wasn't covered.

$600+ for one freaking pointless shot.

You can imagine how happy I was about that.

I wish your reaction to this had been videotaped.

BNOTB March Siggy Challenge My favorite spring pic/thing The scent and sight of lilacs in the sun PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • DH is thinking about looking for a job and says that if he gets another job we wont have insurance for 90 days. I said what about my medications  he goes ohh I didn't think of that. I said I dont think they would give out 90 days of my meds, etc. And I cant afford to pay full price for each one. It's like $400 etc. Men! LOL