Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What is your favorite powder?

I bought MAC Mineralize powder yesterday, and soon after i put it on my skin looked shiny. Its so gross, I dont even have oily skin. Can anyone please suggest a good powder? I'm looking for something to set my foundation and make my makeup look "finished". Im a nc15 and do like MAC because their lights aren't too yellow for my skin, but will try other brands. Also, can you return MAC with a receipt at the counters at Mcys? thanks so much

Re: What is your favorite powder?

• Have you tried MAC Studio Fix? That has more of a matte finish. I'm sorry you didn't like the MSF Natural; that's what I use and I'm also a NC15/NC20, and I'm not oily at all. I love it for setting my foundation or tinted moisturizer.
    Photobucket
  • Powder as in foundation powder that is buildable? I like Cover FX mineralizing powder. There are also liquids and other types too.

For setting? I like the MUFE HD powder

• i was going to rec MAC Mineralize before i actually opened the post.
    i have oily skin and it works great for me. did your skin look shiny or it was actually shiny? i find that from the "minerals" or whatever the heck is really in there, it does give your face a little glow, it's not actually oily though. maybe give it a few days to get used to it?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I use Bare Minerals and it works really well. I have semi-oily skin and it helps keep the oil under control plus has really good coverage.
  • I have used the MAC mineralize skin finish natural and noticed shine as well, and I have dry skin usually.  I really only use the skin finish on top of a tinted moisturizer on the weekends or other days I don't want a full finished face.  I like Origins Vitazing moisturizer.

For powders, I love the MAC studio fix powder foundation.  I wear NC 15 as well.  It gives me great matte coverage and is easy to touch up as well. 

To set a liquid foundaion, I haven't found anything I liked better than Bare Minerals Mineral Veil.  I love it.

image Anniversary
    TTC since 2008
    Me-29, paracentric inversion resulting in egg quality issues and higher instance of miscarriage. All other b/w normal. HSG/SIS- all clear
    Lap 2/14 to remove cysts/endo
    DH-31, S/A normal
    Injects+intercourse=fail, Injects+IUI=fail
    saving up for IVF
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also need powder w/o too much yellow in it, and prescriptives flawless skin is my favorite. It doesn't cake up or look like there's powder sitting no my face like some other brands I've tried do. You can use it alone or over foundation. (I use over foundation and press it in w/ a buffing brush.)

They'd stopped making it for awhile, but it's back in stock now, and I can't wait until my Bobbi Brown runs out so I can replace it w/ this. The only downside is you have to order online, which might be a problem if you've never tried it before. Shipping is free, though.

http://www.prescriptives.com/templates/products/sp_shaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY14705&PRODUCT_ID=PROD9671

eta: I know I look greasy and gross in my sig, but I just wanted to say I'm not wearing this powder. LOL.