BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Umm no thanks!

Im not a regular on here, but I had to vent (or maybe more complain?!) about an email chain between myself and 4 of my college roommates (3 of which already have 2+ kids all under 5)....

They all want to meet at my roommates place in DC for a weekend of QT sometime this summer.  Sounds awesome.  Oh wait...by QT you really mean have ALL of kids there to then go to the DC zoo....in July...when its hot as hell....with 5 kids all under 5....and want to do it during the week to avoid the crowds...oh and you all want us to stay in the same 3 bedroom house...????

Ummmm no thanks.  Of course it is impossible to pick a date in July that everyone can do it, so I am bowing out ASAP.  Call me crazy, but taking a day off work to drive 5+ hours down to DC to then not have a relaxing weekend doesnt exactly = fun times for me.

Ahhh.  Much better. Thanks for the venting/complaing space.

Re: Umm no thanks!

• That sounds horrible.

You should visit the natl. zoo another time, though. It rocks.

b34ad4a8
  • That sounds like torture. 
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2942cno.jpg[/IMG]
  • That's like.. hell.. not vacation.
  • Is it really that hard for them  to secure sitters w/ allllll that time in advance and just have an adult meetup?   I would hate that crap.   Schedule a playdate w/ the kiddos some other time, but pull yourself away for a day for some kidfree fun, too. 

image image
  • Also, I'm an envelope-pusher on this topic, but I'd include in my reply that it sounds like they're going to have a great mommy-n-me weekend and that's not my style, so I hope they have a good time and please let me know when you're interested in having a girls-only get together.

Just so it's clear that this is not really a QT option.

b34ad4a8
  • Oh my gosh they keep emailing me about different options! One friend even offered to carpool with her and her 2 kids! REALLY?!

Im trying to stay calm but part of my wants to scream out "I dont want to spend the weekend with all of your kids!!! Leave me alone!"

• image michaelaskedlauren:

Oh my gosh they keep emailing me about different options! One friend even offered to carpool with her and her 2 kids! REALLY?!

Im trying to stay calm but part of my wants to scream out "I dont want to spend the weekend with all of your kids!!! Leave me alone!"

I would politely state exactly that. This is not going to be the type of "vacation" that you're interested in, so please continue planning without me.

b34ad4a8
  • They have lost their damn minds.