Boston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BR and nanny related

So last night...(keep in mind DH is OOT again).

Apparently hard boiled eggs don't agree with DS. So we had massive, clothes and sheet soaking pooplosions last night, multiple times. 

So whatever. He's still pooping like a champ today so my nanny, god love her, changed the words to "Everybody Hurts" and is singing "Everybody poops" to him.

When your belly's fullllllll and you hurt. You hurt so good you just go. just let it all gooooooooooooooooo. Cuz everybody poops....everybody POOOOOOPS!!!!!! Sometimes..... sometimes we all just poop and poop.

LOL

Honestly, I thought she'd be way too young to know that song but I guess that is a classic? 

Re: BR and nanny related

• Is it weird that I love your nanny?

I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    imageimage
  • imageRock-n-Voll:

Is it weird that I love your nanny?

I know, right? lol

• Yeah, I nanny part time and you've definitely got a great one there!
  • imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    Yeah, I nanny part time and you've definitely got a great one there!

I thought you said you were disabled and could not work?

• Really, you have the best nanny ever.
  • imagePunkyBooster:

imageSaveTheWorld2014:

I can work part time sometimes. Right now I am able to work part time.

Then I may not be able to work for a year. I didn't work for over a year before this.

So, as you can see, the government definitely owes me my disability SSI.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    imagePunkyBooster:

imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Then I may not be able to work for a year. I didn't work for over a year before this.

Hmm 

• Sounds like she's got a great attitude.
  • imagePunkyBooster:

Honestly, I thought she'd be way too young to know that song but I guess that is a classic? 

Oh god,I am old. *cries*

I kind of love your nanny, too, though.  She sounds awesome.

Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

[IMG]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/mokey75/IMG_0222-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    imagePunkyBooster:

imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Yes, I can see the government "owes" you money. Confused

Seriously? 

• imagePunkyBooster:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    imagePunkyBooster:

imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Yes, I can see the government "owes" you money. Confused

Seriously? 

Oh yes.  She's serious.

Accidental Smiles
    updated 10.03.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Not 'owe.' But, I 'deserve' it. I worked 80 hour weeks for the last 8 years and paid into SSI. Not I am struggling and so I deserve my benefits.

YES, I am serious.

And, I do have a great attitude - I try to work ALL I can but sometimes I can't and I should be able to get all my benefits that I am LEGALY (that's for you, MB) entitled to.

Explain to me how I am NOT entitled to my LEGALLY EARNED benefits - I'd love to know!

• Okay, I'm not trying to be a snark, but if you struggle with working, even as a nanny, what is your plan for your future foster children? Especially if you foster disabled children who may require physical care?

I'm legitimately asking. I mean, my nanny is on the floor, crawling around and rolling around with DS all.day.long. 

Just wait til he starts crawling. She'll never sit still. 

• imagePunkyBooster:

Okay, I'm not trying to be a snark, but if you struggle with working, even as a nanny, what is your plan for your future foster children? Especially if you foster disabled children who may require physical care?

I'm legitimately asking. I mean, my nanny is on the floor, crawling around and rolling around with DS all.day.long. 

Just wait til he starts crawling. She'll never sit still. 

Actually, ironically, being on the floor rolling around is better for me than standing around. Which is why babysitting/PCAing is actually easier for me than standing at cash register.

Therefore, when I have kids (I'll only be working part time at the most and hopefully, I'll have been awarded disability by then), I will be able to pay somebody to help me. Also, if they are physically disabled, then Mass Health/DCF, etc will pay for a PCA to help them. But, I will still be able to help them myself as long as I am in my house (which most of their care will be) and can take a break after I help them.

Emotional and mental problems are actually great for me since I can deal with those problems sitting down, laying down, etc.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Actually, ironically, being on the floor rolling around is better for me than standing around. Which is why babysitting/PCAing is actually easier for me than standing at cash register.

Therefore, when I have kids (I'll only be working part time at the most and hopefully, I'll have been awarded disability by then), I will be able to pay somebody to help me. Also, if they are physically disabled, then Mass Health/DCF, etc will pay for a PCA to help them. But, I will still be able to help them myself as long as I am in my house (which most of their care will be) and can take a break after I help them.

Emotional and mental problems are actually great for me since I can deal with those problems sitting down, laying down, etc.

Sitting and rolling around is not all that is involved... I carry around an almost 17lb baby all the time, and it is physically exhausting some days for me as a healthy adult. There aren't breaks from lugging him around. Whether I'm tired or not, if he wants to be held, he wants to be held and I don't have an option.

And I don't know how you plan to deal with a child's emotional problems while laying down? Hmm I'm confused.

• imageLadyExtravaganza:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Sitting and rolling around is not all that is involved... I carry around an almost 17lb baby all the time, and it is physically exhausting some days for me as a healthy adult. There aren't breaks from lugging him around. Whether I'm tired or not, if he wants to be held, he wants to be held and I don't have an option.

And I don't know how you plan to deal with a child's emotional problems while laying down? Hmm I'm confused.

I guess I was saying, if they are my own chidren, I don't have to be standing or sitting, without moving, which is what jobs require and which is what I can't do.

I can hold a child while sitting. Plus, I don't plan to foster babies, everyone wants them and no one wants older children - so I plan to foster older children, which don't need to be held i.e. carried, all the time.

And, I can talk to my children about their problems while sitting, laying down, etc. I can move around in their therapy sessions.

Basically, I can raise my children while not standing or sitting still.

So, I'm good. :D

• I didn't realize you were referring to biological children, since Punky asked you about foster children.
  • imageLadyExtravaganza:
    I didn't realize you were referring to biological children, since Punky asked you about foster children.

No, I was referring to foster children.

I meant that there are way more people want to foster babies versus fostering older children (since they tend to have more emotional, mental, and behavioral issues). i want to foster older children (and one of the reasons is exactly what you mentioned, not wanting to carry a baby around all the time).

• Oh, I see what you meant 'my own children'

I meant versus nannying and PCAing other people.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Oh, I see what you meant 'my own children'

You are a mess.  You make no sense at all.   So you can't nanny because you would actually have to function as a stand in parent, but you are willing to take on foster kids so you can lie around and deal with their emotional problems?  

I am just hoping that you make all this stuff up. 

• imagecamedowncrushing:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:

You are a mess.  You make no sense at all.   So you can't nanny because you would actually have to function as a stand in parent, but you are willing to take on foster kids so you can lie around and deal with their emotional problems?  

You are a bad reader.

I AM nannying, I can only do it part time. Parenting = full time. Nannying part time = part time.

Literally sitting and standing are two very different things when it comes to the fibro. I know it sounds crazy but it's not and I really don't care about your opinion on this. And, YES, I can sit down and deal with emo problems, they don't require standing up. Nannying does.

Is this really so difficult to understand?!

• It is also sad that YOU'RE having a child.

I may have to sit down to talk to my children but at least I CAN READ.

HA. Love it.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:

It is also sad that YOU'RE having a child.

You crossed a line.

I was going to stay out of this argument, but you are way out of line for saying something like this.  I think there may have been misunderstandings on both sides of this conversation but nothing warrants this kind of comment.

I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    imageimage
  • imageRock-n-Voll:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:

You crossed a line.

I was going to stay out of this argument, but you are way out of line for saying something like this.  I think there may have been misunderstandings on both sides of this conversation but nothing warrants this kind of comment.

Nothing warrants being confronted about being disabled, working part time, getting SSI benefits, my future parenting abilities EITHER.

All I was saying was that punky's nanny was great. Geez louise.

So go back to staying out of it. People get what they give.

• imageRock-n-Voll:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:

You crossed a line.

Nothing warrants being confronted about being disabled, working part time, getting SSI benefits, my future parenting abilities EITHER.

All I was saying was that punky's nanny was great. Geez louise.

So go back to staying out of it. People get what they give.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    imagecamedowncrushing:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:

You are a bad reader.

I AM nannying, I can only do it part time. Parenting = full time. Nannying part time = part time.

Literally sitting and standing are two very different things when it comes to the fibro. I know it sounds crazy but it's not and I really don't care about your opinion on this. And, YES, I can sit down and deal with emo problems, they don't require standing up. Nannying does.

Is this really so difficult to understand?!

No, being a foster parent is full time parenting. You are the one who doesn't make any sense.

Your one-liner to CameDown did nothing but make you look like a total b!tch. Seeing that Camedown is also a nanny, I think she knows a thing or 2 about what she's saying to you.

• Whoa. You have some serious issues.

Let's get this straight: you want disabilities, which the state will pay you for; to foster children, which the state will pay you for; foster disable children so you can have in-home assistance, which the state will pay you for... See a trend?

There is a lot more involved in dealing with a child's emotional issues than just talking. Especially older children. You don't earn their trust by sitting around and having conversations.

No one is attacking you for being disabled, just for making no sense about anything.

What you said to C is totally inappropriate.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:

I may have to sit down to talk to my children but at least I CAN READ.

HA. Love it.

Oh thanks, but my comprehension is just fine.  I just remember when you posted on MM all about how you CAN'T work at all.  It just seems kind of odd that when someone backs you into a corner about what you have said you change your story. 

Seriously I hope you make this stuff up.  

• Wow camedown, I feel sorry for your husband and child(ren). And might as well throw your dog in there too while I'm at it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejCamsquared:
    Wow camedown, I feel sorry for your husband and child(ren). And might as well throw your dog in there too while I'm at it.

he he he. What about my chickens?  Thanks.  I love love love your siggy photo!