Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

5 random q's for your hump day

1) are you afraid of public speaking?

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up?

3) what is your search engine of choice?

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL?

5) can you raise one eyebrow?

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: 5 random q's for your hump day

• 1) are you afraid of public speaking?   I love public speaking as long as I am given a chance to prepare first.  It makes me nervous, but once I start talking I love love love it, I love connecting to the audience, I love sharing my passion for whatever, I just love it.   :)

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up?  They came down New Years weekend

3) what is your search engine of choice?  Google

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL?  Yes.  Generally not a lot, but when I am stressed I can swear like a sailor

5) can you raise one eyebrow?  Not without scrunching my face up

• 1) are you afraid of public speaking?   I'm not afraid but I don't like it.

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up?  They came down a few days after Christmas.

3) what is your search engine of choice?  Google

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL?  Yes.  like a sailor. I'm trying to nix that habit.

5) can you raise one eyebrow?  That I can do!  Only my left eye brow though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking?
    not afraid of it...i like it if i'm prepared enough

couple days after christmas. i got cabin fever and was bored. h was disappointed to find christmas gone when he came home.

normally google, but i'm trying to get swagbucks to work for the free money.

the not-as-bad ones i say regularly...but the really-bad ones i avoid...but they still slip out.

yes, only my left one though. have been working on my right one for years.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? Kind of. If I had a full speech prepared, then no. But if I'm giving a presentation and sort of winging it, then yes.

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? Until New Year's. I like the idea of keeping them up until the twelfth day of Christmas, but W thinks that's silly.

3) what is your search engine of choice? Google for regular stuff, but Bing for images.

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? I don't think I could survive if I didn't.

5) can you raise one eyebrow? Only if I lower the other one at the same time o_O.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? Not really.  I do it for a living.  ; )

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? New Years ish.

3) what is your search engine of choice? Google!

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? Yes.  A lot.  It'll be difficult to cut it out when we have kids.

5) can you raise one eyebrow? Not sure.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? not really, which is a good thing because I have to do it all the time!

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up?  Maybe a total of 3-4 weeks

3) what is your search engine of choice? google

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? nope :P

5) can you raise one eyebrow? yes, but only the right one

• 1) are you afraid of public speaking? nope

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? what Christmas decor? I'm hoping to do it this year though. It'll come down around new years day.

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? i try not to, but sometimes I just can't help it. And when things get really bad I feel like I might have a touch of tourrets. Angry

5) can you raise one eyebrow? not on purpose

• 1) are you afraid of public speaking?
    Yes.  I can't stand it, but i am getting better at it.

Jan 8th -- not my decision.

Google

Yeah, but not a ton.  I often use replacement words (e.g., "mother trucker"), a habit i picked up working with kids with emotional/behavioral disorders (modeling desired behavior).

Nope.

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? Not afraid, but I don't like it

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? New years day week end

3) what is your search engine of choice? Yahoo

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? Only when I am stressed/angry/or drunk

5) can you raise one eyebrow? Yup

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? No

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? About a month

3) what is your search engine of choice? Google

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? Oh yeah. I'm such a pottymouth

5) can you raise one eyebrow? YES! I got one!

• 1) are you afraid of public speaking? Not afraid of persay, but I'm not super confortable with it... so somewhere in between

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? Newyears

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? Yes... but they are always warented

5) can you raise one eyebrow? Yes

• 1) are you afraid of public speaking?
    Nope, not a bit. Doing plays in High School got me fine with prepare stuff, and then I took Argumentation in college and I'm a-ok just winging it whenevs.

End of January? I grew up in a family where it stays up until Epiphany (Jan 6) and then can come down whenever we get around to it. 

Google

Most definitely. I try to curb it at work a LOT but when I get stressed or really irritated, I swear a LOT. Almost Tourette's a la UWHuskygirl.

Only my left. (Funny, I think this reveals our "handedness". If memory serves, Amandasw is left-handed as well, which is why she's the only one who matches me on the eyebrow side!) 

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? no. i love to talk in front of an audience.. as long as i don't know the majority of the people.

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? from thanksgiving until january.

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? yes. i'm a horrible person!

5) can you raise one eyebrow? no :(

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • 1) are you afraid of public speaking? I used to be, but not anymore. Mostly :o)

2) how long did your christmas decorations stay up? Uh, maybe a few days after Christmas. We got a $15 tree at McLendon's but it died a day or two before Christmas so we had to get it out of there.

4) do you swear/cuss/say "bad" words IRL? Only when I'm super mad. And only in front of H, really.

5) can you raise one eyebrow? Yep

Anniversary