Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WWYD: CoWorkers Wedding

I work in a small child care center, there are 4 other employees besides myself (including my boss). One of the girls is getting married in June, in Vegas, and we are all invited along with our spouses. I've never met her fiance, or anyone else in her family, and Dh and I just can't justify spending that kind of money to go to a wedding where we won't know anyone but the bride and a couple other people. It's also Father's Day weekend, which isn't a big deal, but we do usually hang with our dad's that day.

Sooo, WWYD? Should I go alone just to spare her feelings....Explain to her that we just can't afford to spend that much money (we do have 4 other weddings going on this year)....Make up a lie about a Father's Day get together?

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: WWYD: CoWorkers Wedding

• Don't go. Just tell her it's not in the budget right now (if you have to tell her anything at all. Really, you don't).

EDIT: I'm assuming you don't want to go on your own?

My favorite place on earth: The Amargosa Valley.
  • You RSVP that you will be unable to attend, and send her a gift. You don't need to explain.
  • image torylynn1:
    You RSVP that you will be unable to attend, and send her a gift. You don't need to explain.

Ditto this.  I think you're unneccessarily stressing about it.  No bride expects every single one of her invitees to attend. If you feel like a "sorry we can't make it" won't cut it, just say it's not in the budget or that you have Father's Day plans.  No big deal.

I'd rather be rock climbing or playing volleyball
    image image
  • Thanks ladies. I think if I were in a bigger office with more people, it wouldn't be so bad. I do feel bad, and if she were getting married locally I'd definitely make it. I'm sure she'll understand.

Oh, and no, I don't really want to go on my own. I know I wouldn't have as much fun if Dh wasn't there since I don't know many other people going.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • rsvp no and send a gift

Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes the eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker - Author Unknown

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I would just RSVP no and leave it at that. If she asks, I'd tell her what passanie suggested, that it's not in your budget right now. She should understand, considering you guys aren't super close friends. Do you have some specific reason to think she will be very upset? Are all the other coworkers/boss going?

I think since she's having a summer wedding out of town on Father's Day weekend, she may get quite a few no's.