Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Songs

What songs do you remember being your favorite growing up or grooving out to throughout school? (I kinda stole this theme from another board LOL). This might be a fun topic.

Re: Songs

• Kind of related -- I've been listening to a lot of 90's on 9 on Sirius and I love it.  It's so much fun.  My friend was in the car with me the other day and she was all of a sudden like, "Are you listening to Coolio!?".  Why, yes.  Yes, I am listening to Coolio, thanks to 90s on 9!  That station totally reminds me of my youth.

And to answer your question, one of the songs that came on 90s on 9 which made me happy was Ace of Base -- The Sign.  Oh, and Crash Test Dummies -- Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm.  And The Offspring -- Pretty Fly for a White Guy.  It was like I was 12-14 again.

• image Kasa:

Kind of related -- I've been listening to a lot of 90's on 9 on Sirius and I love it.  It's so much fun.  My friend was in the car with me the other day and she was all of a sudden like, "Are you listening to Coolio!?".  Why, yes.  Yes, I am listening to Coolio, thanks to 90s on 9!  That station totally reminds me of my youth.

And to answer your question, one of the songs that came on 90s on 9 which made me happy was Ace of Base -- The Sign.  Oh, and Crash Test Dummies -- Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm.  And The Offspring -- Pretty Fly for a White Guy.  It was like I was 12-14 again.

I LOVE 90's on 9.  Such nostalgia. For the big ones I remember -

Things I jammed to in elementary: NKOTB, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi

Things I jammed to in middle school: Ace of Base, Paula Abdul, Mariah Carey

Things I jammed to in high school: Tupac, DMB, Janet Jackson

• We often listen to Music Choice on Comcast, and 90's is definitely our nastalgic channel.  Sinead O'Conner Nothing Compares 2 U.  Lisa Loeb's I Missed You. Sir Mix a Lot's Baby Got Back. Vanilla Ice Ice Ice Baby.  Los Del Rio Macarena. 4 Non Blondes What's Up. My gosh I could go on forever!.  Ah, the good old days.  I was a big fan of country music too.  Garth Brooks, Faith Hill, Diamond Rio, Tim McGraw, Brooks and Dunn, Mark Wills.  Yeah, I know what I'm listening to tonight! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Trying to remember some of my favorite songs and stuff.

Jr. High - Mr. Big "To Be WIth You", "Can't Live Without Your Love & Affection" - Nelson, "Jump Around - cant remember the name of the group, November Rain - Guns N Roses.

High School - Tupac "california love", snoop, coolio, puff daddy, van halen, aerosmith, etc.

Ace of Base - I remember them, I hate it everytime I hear a Sophie B Hawkins song - puke! LOL

NKOTB should be here soon. I liked them in 4th/5th grade

• Does anyone remember Kris Kross and Snow? LOL
  • DC Talk - their entire "Free At Last" album.

Awwwwwwww yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

• image Chymes:

DC Talk - their entire "Free At Last" album.

Awwwwwwww yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Yes

• image charitylynne_1979:

"Jump Around - cant remember the name of the group,

House of Pain - "And I got more rhymes than there's cops that are dunking
    Donuts shop
    Sure 'nuff I got props from the kids on the Hill
    Plus my mom and my pops"

• image charitylynne_1979:
    Does anyone remember Kris Kross and Snow? LOL

Yes, we archived all of our CD's onto the IPOD and Snow always comes up when I play the IPOD on random.  Incredibly annoying!