Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I'm fixing to...

I can't believe I just read that phrase in a business email, especially being sent to high-level execs.

#1  12.11.11
#2  10.23.13 EDD

Re: I'm fixing to...

• image JenD1018:
    I can't believe I just read that phrase in a business email, especially being sent to high-level execs.

It wasn't sent to high level execs, but I had a client type "xoxo" in an email to me last week. I'm flattered and all, but really?

My brain nearly explodes on a pretty regular basis from the crap people put in emails.

• Reading stuff like this makes me even more paranoid than I already am about the content of my emails.  I don't even like addressing people by their first names unless given the go ahead!

• image jessica0602:

Reading stuff like this makes me even more paranoid than I already am about the content of my emails.  I don't even like addressing people by their first names unless given the go ahead!

I have a client whose name is Meredith. She signs her emails Mere. She's young, and we have a good relationship, but I can't bring myself to call her Mere via email or on the phone.

• See, shortened names or nicknames don't bother me.  Slang and bad grammar are killers.

#1  12.11.11
    #2  10.23.13 EDD
  • The thing that always got me was the huge signatures with lots of Comic Sans and different colors, background stationary, and over the top emoticons like a clown or something.  Our HR woman was the worst, she had animated kitten gifs and stuff in her signature.

agorabymiriam.etsy.com