Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Any websites or good photos of kitchen storage

I have a tiny kitchen and need better ways of storing everything.  Only thing that looks good and easy to get to stuff is my dishes and pot lids.  So I need help with everything.

Re: Any websites or good photos of kitchen storage

• I started this project last week. :) I have not found any sights that were helpfful.  I am hoping to get photos uploaded to my blog tonight or tomorrow...maybe they would give you ideas?  Good luck, the kitchen for me is so important but so hard!
  • I actually found some pretty great kitchen solutions on overstock.com ...I too, have quite the small kitchen, but i recently got a bakers wrack that has been a lifesaver. there tons of them on there priced anywhere from $80 to well, really expensive. Another thing I invested in is a kitchen cart..Its great because they also come in lots of different shapes sizes and prices, and are versatile. Ive used mine so far as a drink cart at a dinner party,  a little extra space for cooking a large dinner, then after cooking, I used it as a small buffet. Target and overstock.com are  priced fairly the same, but overstocks web page is a lot easier to use and has more products and better shipping. (but i always compare between two to three web pages and ALWAys read reviews) 
  • Have you tried cereal box, boxes?  I can't say if they'd work for you or not, but as far as orgainzing drawers and shelves, I am so nervous about buying pre-made orgainzers that might not meet my needs, I found cutting and taping some either temporary or re-used materials gave me a good idea of what sizes worked and if you get close to the size you want to buy- it's a trial.  Looks like you're busy but maybe your LO would help tape/ place items where they go in the kitchen. 

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since 3-2008: v/c repair 2009; BFP: 7-2010, m/c 8-2010, c/p 4-2011, BFP: 6-2011 EDD: 2-12-2012?
    "Lovebugs2012"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Today I am pregnant & I love my baby!
  • I love this message board: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/kitchbath/

You can search the board without being a member. There are the most helpful threads usually with tons of pics. Everything from storage to design is covered.

(scroll down below first page list of threads and there's a search box where you can pick 'search this forum')

• are you looking for ideas or products?

Google rev-a-shelf/, they have a lot of items as do...

The Container Store http://www.containerstore.com/shop/kitchen

organize.com

stacksandstacks.com

HTH!

• Before my kitchen remodel I had two cabinets.  So, I had to get really smart with organization.

I hung my pots and pans with those metal bars from Ikea.  Also, bought their spice rack that hung on the bar.  I had two levels of bars, and then use their hooks to hang the pots and pans.  I also used these cookie sheet bars that help you utilize what cabinet space you do have.  It allows you to put cookie sheets, cutting boards at the top of your interior cabinets.

I utlized the walls as much as possible.  I found that Ikea had the same stuff that organize.com had, but much cheaper. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • If you don't mind things being out, we have a pegboard setup similiar to this (without the outlines of each item):

We also have a pot lid organizer like this on the pegboard that we got from Ikea: