Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

birth cert.?

I have to send in for Lyra's birth certificate correct? They don't automatically send one out?

Re: birth cert.?

• Yep. I still haven't sent for DS's.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nope. you have to send in the paperwork with the money. I didn't do it until about a month ago or so when I realized that J wasn't put on our insurance yet and i tried to get an ezcema rx. Wasn't about to pay $50 when it's usually like $4 so that prompted me to get my butt down to the courthouse and just get it. It literally took like 5 minutes! Can K get it while he's down there sometime?
    Holly
  • This just reminded me that I still haven't done Macy's.  She just turned 2!  What do I need to do now?  I'm sure I don't have my paperwork anymore.  Mom fail!
    Mandy -Mommy to Madison Jo 10/11/06 & Macy Lynn 2/26/09 image image
  • I just went to the courthouse one day, I think it was $5.00, took me 5 minutes. And I got another copy of mine while I was there.
  • Ok, I may be losing my mind, but I'm pretty sure that I got paperwork before we left the hospital that walked me through ordering it online. I just had to wait one month after Colin was born. I think I could pay online or print it out and mail in a check. We're in Douglas County.

Married the love of my life 6/3/06
    Became a family of three 8/25/09
  • image NebraskaBride06:
    Ok, I may be losing my mind, but I'm pretty sure that I got paperwork before we left the hospital that walked me through ordering it online. I just had to wait one month after Colin was born. I think I could pay online or print it out and mail in a check. We're in Douglas County.

I did too, but I lost it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think you can get a certified copy online. I want to say it's $8. I needed a copy to enroll Alissa in school and either didn't have it or lost it, so I had to get another. We are in sarpy county but she was born in douglas county. For some reason, I remember Devon's being a pain to get when we got married and he was born in sarpy, which is why I wanted her born in douglas. Not sure if that's completely true though.
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• Here is the link I used. Looks like you have to mail it in.
    photos by jennied photography

Alissa Jean

• https://www.nebraska.gov/hhs/birthcert/birthapp.php

I did everything online.  Just fill out the form and they take credit card for the payment - no need to mail in the self addressed stamped envelope.  I filled out the form on a Tuesday and had the birth cert by Friday.

Good Luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image NebraskaBride06:
    Ok, I may be losing my mind, but I'm pretty sure that I got paperwork before we left the hospital that walked me through ordering it online. I just had to wait one month after Colin was born. I think I could pay online or print it out and mail in a check. We're in Douglas County.

This.  All the paperwork should have been done in the hospital, you just need to go to courthouse to pay/pick it up.