Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Moving to MCBH!

Anything I should know about, advice? On base living, the isalnd, things to see etc!

Re: Moving to MCBH!

• There are a couple people in Hawaii, and at least one more on the way soon, so I'm sure you'll get answers. If you don't tonight, you probably will tomorrow, as the weekends are typically slow. Just wanted to warn you to check back, since this is your first post.

Welcome to the board! How long have you been married? What do you/will you want to do for a living?

I'm Stan. I work for a non-profit tutoring middle school kids, and I also work as an office manager. I hope to join the military before I get too old. 

I've seen a lot of military surprise homecomings. It wouldn't work on me. I always have my back to the corner and my face to the door. Looking for terrorists, criminals, various other threats, and husbands.
  • I'm in Hawaii :) DH is army though. MCBH has a great beach on the base, especially if either of you like fishing, it's a great place to go. That is about as far as my knowledge of MCBH goes though. haha sorry.

Overall Hawaii though is great. There are amazing beaches every which way you turn. I went to the farmer's market this weekend and got some cool fruits I had never seen before. Oahu get's a bad rap I think. It's really nice having a big city like Honolulu so there really is just about everything you could want on the island. Except Chipotle... Shocking, I know. haha

Good luck on your move! 

• PM me with any questions you have! I've been living on MCBH since August. When will you be PCSing? It was a little hard for me to adjust at first, but I'm really starting to like it here. I love where we live on base and they just added a TON of housing!

Good luck with everything! And like I said, PM me if you want to chat! Smile

MN Siggy Challenge: Most beautiful place in America. Photobucket
    An AMAZING garden back at home. I adore flowers, so naturally this place is my favorite. Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi!

I'm the other one that Stan was probably referring too that will be moving there soon! DH has been stationed at MCBH for two and half years, and we were married this past October. He deployed not long after so I stayed home and I'm working on finishing up school. I'll be moving there in May as soon as the semester ends though! So excited!

image Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Thank you so much for your responses! I have had an account on here, for awhile now, but sort of forgot about this site. I stumbled across it last night, and LOVE the military chat! I do not know a whole bunch of people that understand my situation, well, none in fact, so I am really excited about this outlet!

I will be moving, if all goes well in a couple months! I am so excited and can not wait to see my man!

Ok so what is DH? Im assuming H stands for Husband?! Im new to all this!

• image rach719:

Thank you so much for your responses! I have had an account on here, for awhile now, but sort of forgot about this site. I stumbled across it last night, and LOVE the military chat! I do not know a whole bunch of people that understand my situation, well, none in fact, so I am really excited about this outlet!

I will be moving, if all goes well in a couple months! I am so excited and can not wait to see my man!

Ok so what is DH? Im assuming H stands for Husband?! Im new to all this!

I came into military life not knowing a whole lot either, but I've actually learned quite a lot from some of ladies on this board, so stick around! 

DH = Dear/Darling Husband... there is a Nest glossary over on the left hand side towards the bottom with all sorts of acronyms.

Also, I replied to your private message :)

image Daisypath Vacation tickers