International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

XP: Help with coffee/end tables please!

I posted this on D&R but I'd your opinions please.  

DH and I just bought this sofa set.  We're more contemporary style-wise but this sofa was too amazing and buttery to let the traditional feel of it get in the way.

Then, I bought a brown wood coffee/end table set to go with it.

But now I'm having trouble finding a tv console.  I found one at IKEA that's a different color wood than the coffee/end table above.  Should I go for the different brown woods OR scrap the brown wood idea and do all black wood, which is easier to match?  

In other words, can I get away with black furniture with a dark brown leather sofa?  Thanks! 

Re: XP: Help with coffee/end tables please!

• Yes.  We have black and brown going on in our living room...brown couches, brown tables and a black & glass tv console.  It works fine.
  • image ukyankee:
    Yes.  We have black and brown going on in our living room...brown couches, brown tables and a black & glass tv console.  It works fine.

Okay, then maybe I will stick with the brown coffee and end table because they are really quality pieces that I love.  I'm thinking I'll go with a black IKEA tv console instead of mixing up the woods.  Plus IKEA is cheaper and we hopefully will only need for a few years until we buy a place.

Thanks for your input.  It sucks to second guess yourself after purchasing and taking home a freaking coffee table! 

• We ended up doing the same thing.  We love our dark wood coffee table, but couldn't find a tv console to match the color.  We ended up going with black and I don't even notice it.  But I'm not really D&R inclined ...
    Cecilia arrived 12 October 2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, you can mix and match, but ideally you'd also put the colors somewhere else in the room, i.e. a brown and black rug, painting, or accessories (pillows, vases, etc), if you are really anal about your design. :D
  • Thanks ladies.  My mom's friend is a decorator and said it would look too matchy-matchy to get the same wood for everything anyway.  

She also suggested black in the rug!  Thanks again :) 

• Loooove the couch!
    Our sweet little guy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Israel Blog!