Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Mildew smell- go away!

Hi ladies,

I wash our bath towels at least once a week (too often makes them rough too quickly).  After we got married and got these super nice Hotel Collection towels, I noticed after about 3 uses since washing, they started to have this wet, mildew-type smell.  It's only if you smell it directly on the towel, not when you're just walking by or something.  Each time I'd wash them, the same thing would happen after a few days.  I made sure not to fold the towel in half when hanging it and instead just hung it flat across the entire towel bar but no change in the smell.  We only shower once per day so it's not like they're constantly getting wet and don't have a chance to dry.  Plus, we live in California so it's not freezing in our bathroom, ever! Any tips for this situation?  It seems a little odd...

Re: Mildew smell- go away!