October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Scarfs or Scarves

Not sure on the proper spelling of the plural of scarf and I am too lazy to google it... I'll get to the point now...Do you know multiple ways to tie different types of scarfs/scarves?  I always see scarfs on women and think "how cute"!  But I am so intimidated by how to tie them.  Links are welcome as again I am being to lazy to google.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Scarfs or Scarves

• Scarves.  I'm lazy and just fold it in half and pull through. I can find a billion pics but no instructions.  Oprah had a how to several years ago.  Maybe I can find that.
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Yes, scarves.  And do you mean warm winter scarves or floaty little silk scarves?  Because I have no idea how to wear the latter. 

If it's the former, I either wrap it all the way around my neck once and let the ends dangle or I double it up, wrap the halfed scarf around my neck and pull the ends through the hole I created at the top of the fold.  It depends on the scarf and where the detailing is.

Knitting Blog
    Updated 3-12
  • image Reinedumonde:

If it's the former, I either wrap it all the way around my neck once and let the ends dangle or I double it up, wrap the halfed scarf around my neck and pull the ends through the hole I created at the top of the fold.  It depends on the scarf and where the detailing is.

I do one of those two, also. I usually buy big "fashion" scarves, I'll call them, so they look fluffy when I do either of these. My coworker wraps hers in this really neat way and I need to have her show me how she does it.

• I used to be intimidated by scarves (sp?) and then one day I got the balls and went to Ann Taylor Loft and bought a bunch on sale.  Then I asked the girl working there to show me how to tie them etc.  And I was still intimidated...until I went to Europe.  I packed a few for the trip in September and EVERYONE in Europe had on a scarf....some even had 2 on.  And I felt like a dumbass if I didn't wear a scarf...and I wore a scarf for almost 2 weeks during our trip.  Now I wear them all the time and LOVE them.  They can quickly jazz up a casual outfit or really add some flare to a really cute outfit.

Check this chick out.  She talks a lot but she has good info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwQKEsmVLFw

• OMG Kristina, she has a kind of hilarious lisp!  Hard to take the girl seriously when she keeps saying "thcarveth" Devil
  • hehehe... thith ith a really great thcarth to wear in the thringtime...
  • Devil  I never really noticed because I always fast forward thru her talking, and just watch the thcarth...
  • They blocked youtube at work... damn.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers