September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Stef

Since I'm really slow at observing things, I just noticed your ticker. You're training for a 5k? That's awesome! You are totally going to rock it!

Re: Stef

• Are you singling me out?! Kidding.

THANK YOU, although I'm hoping to at least FINISH the damn thing without walking. I have always hatedddd running and decided with the new year to try to get into it.

I started seriously running a few weeks ago and have gone from barely being able to run .02 miles without feeling like I was going to hurl, to running a full (but pretty slow) mile, sometimes a little bit more. It's a work in progress, but I figured giving myself til May was plenty of time and a good motivator. :) It's kind of fun now turning it into a game to see how much I can run vs. walking in one workout - right now I'm averaging at least 2.5 miles with running at least 2 full miles (usually one mile with a break inbetween, then another mile, then walking).

I've heard great things about the Couch to 5k program, but it's too structured for me personally & I feel like I would get bored easily - I might resort to it though if my progress slows.

Have you ever done a 5k?!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • hee hee....I just felt the need to call you out in front of everyone. You know, my clique against yours. :)

It sounds like you've got a really good start on the workout especially since you've got the game to keep running. My difficulty is in the mental strength, not what I'm physically capable of. I didn't do the couch to 5k but I heard it works really well. I downloaded some workout routines from iTunes to keep me going. Lance Armstrong has a pretty good interval program. 

I'm so excited for you to run the 5K! The feeling of accomplishment is great! I've done a couple 5k's and it's like a drug! I can't get enough of it. 

Sooner or later I'm going to run into Leolyns since she lives in the area and runs as well. 

Run Stef run! 

• sorry to butt in here, but good for you, stef!  i really should sign up for something like this too!  with WW and my gym routine i really wanted to step it up--when i am at the gym i NEVER run, just use the elliptical, stairs, etc.  but starting last week i started running on the tread mill and sure, although i am just doing it right now for 15 minutes at a time i feel GREAT and so proud of myself for not dropping dead!  my goal is by summer to be able to run a 5k.  good plan, stef!  keep us (me!) updated on your progress!
  • Goooo Shauni! 15 minutes is a great step. 

When I first got the idea of running at the gym (I kid you not), my first "workout" was getting on the treadmill to figure out how it worked out. Then I got off and called it a day.

What days do you guys normally work out? We should try to check in with each other to keep the motivation going.  

• i try to go 4-5 days a week after work/on sundays.  fridays are WW days, so that is out, but sun-thurs i usually go.
  • I wish I was nearly as committed as you. Right now I'm at T, Th and Sundays. Of course I skipped yesterday because I figured skiing was like going to the gym...minus all the drinking that was done in between.

• i cant go today because i am working late.  and wednesday is likely going to be a snow day, but i wasnt planning to go then anyway--previous appointment set up.  but if we have a snow day, i can go for a walk in the snow, which is always good exercise!
  • Kudos runners! You should be proud. I've never been one and never will be but have many friends who have learned to enjoy it and a few who marathon regularly.

• Awesome, girls! It's great to see there are others working towards certain running goals. The support definitely helps, haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree. I was talking myself into skipping the gym tonight and I looked at this post again for motivation. We can do it!! We can do it all night long!! oh wait...that was rob schneider in Waterboy.