September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Valentines Day plans?

Believe it or not, Valentines Day is only two weeks away!  Does anyone know their plans yet?  Does your DH like to plan something for you and keep it a surprise?  Do you plan something together?  Not celebrate it at all?  I'm curious!
"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D

Re: Valentines Day plans?

• DH and I usually go out to dinner somewhere really nice on Valentines Day.  This year, I think it's going to be a nice restaraunt in Boston's North End (yummy Italian) with a piano bar.  One year when we were dating and in school, he went all out and booked us a hotel room in a town by the Hudson River in upstate New York.  We took the train up and got out of the city for the weekend.  Now, we just do the dinner, flowers and chocolates thing and save a weekend trip / gifts / etc for our anniversary.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • I wish Don was creative and could come up w/ a surprise, but he doesn't possess that gene or at the very least doesn't know how to access it!

In years past we've gone to the outer banks for the weekend just to get away, but money is tight this year so that won't be happening.

This year it'll probably just be another day, which is ok...not every year needs to be the samething or a big deal.

I'd love to know what everyone else is doing so I can live vicariously through you all!!!

image Anniversary
  • My hubby lacks the gene that makes him super romantic.  He has the creative gene but doesn't know how to bring romantic and creative together I don't think.   In years past we've gone to the beach or something for the weekend, but that was when he was in school and it was 30 minutes from the beach.  

This year we'll probably just go out to dinner over the weekend instead of the actual day. 

Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • i think if i didn't say anything gerren would not even realize that it was valentines day.  i kind of wish i could go without saying "its almost valentines day" or something until the day is here and see if he actually remembers.  i dont think he would.

with that said, i am getting him a very fancy expensive gift (unromantic--a tool chest.  think home alone movies) and then making dinner for us.  we will probably watch a movie like we do every other night.

i think a big fancy valentines day is pretty stupid, no need to go out and buy expensive flowers or pay to go to an over the top restaurant, but i do like some sort of affection that is above and beyond the norm.

my family used to make fancy dessert crepes for dinner on valentines day and give home made cards.  we did this until i was out of college.  i like doing something fun like that :) 

• image shauni27:

i think a big fancy valentines day is pretty stupid, no need to go out and buy expensive flowers or pay to go to an over the top restaurant, but i do like some sort of affection that is above and beyond the norm.

This exactly.  I like to cook, so I offered to make a nice dinner in. 

• We go to the Florida State Fair. We have for the last 2 years. I actually don't even hang out with H. We go with 2 of our friends who are not a couple. I hang out with my friend and we go on rides and what not and H hanging with our male friend drinking and what not.

It's really my favorite thing in the whole wide world! Then most likely we will TTC. So I'm kinda excited for many reasons.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great minds think alike!

I was just on line looking at getting Sammy his Valentines day gift. He said he wanted a camera (since I'm horrible at remembering to take pictures). But since he's a boy, I'm looking at they Olympus Stylus Tough, which is shock proof and water proof.

As for plans...no idea. I leave it up to Sam. I think last year, with all the wedding chaos we stockaded the house with guilty pleasure food, turned off our phones and hung out stuffing our faces and watching movies. 

• We aren't planning anything over-the-top... on the actual day we probably wont do anything but the norm, maybe dinner over the weekend. H doesn't do the flowers/chocolate thing every year, but sometimes he'll suprise me. We don't do cards or anything like that.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • We haven't really talked about anything so it'll probably just be a dinner date and a movie in or maybe I'll cook something nice.

We'll probably pass on the V-day gifts this year too. The only thing we're really wanting is a new tv right now and that's not in the budget.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image Kaz0918:

I think last year, with all the wedding chaos we stockaded the house with guilty pleasure food, turned off our phones and hung out stuffing our faces and watching movies. 

this sounds perfect! 

• We don't really celebrate V-day. Maybe dinner out - not a fancy one, though - if I'm lucky, but other than that, it's just another day to us.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • V-day is not important to me at all.  I told Richard not to buy me a gift, expensive flowers, or chocolates.  I am fine with a bunch of stargazer lilies and a cheapo card.  My b-day and our dating anniversay is the following month so I would much rather save our money to do something to celebrate those events.

He has to work on V-day so I will be home alone, which is fine by me.  We will be celebrating it the following Saturday which is the 19th and our 5 month anniversary so I want to go out for a nice dinner. 

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I just asked H today if he wanted to take $50-$60 of our tax refund (Uncle Sam was generous) and go to the seafood place near us or if the weather is nice, go to a sushi place 30 minutes away. But we'd go on Sunday instead because we're old fuddy duddies.

I do have something I could cook on v-day if we decided to stay in though. I think a nice medium-rare peppercorn crusted filet with mushroom risotto and roasted parmesan asparagus would be nice. 

• James asked me the other day if we were going to exchange gifts, I told him probably not since we're in process of trying to close on a house, so our spending money needs to stay unspent. At least we'll exchange cards and maybe enjoy some fro-yo.

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image lovethebeach16:

I do have something I could cook on v-day if we decided to stay in though. I think a nice medium-rare peppercorn crusted filet with mushroom risotto and roasted parmesan asparagus would be nice. 

That sounds awesome!  I will also be spending V-day at your house.  Kthx.

Vacation

Vacation
  • image shauni27:
    image Kaz0918:

I think last year, with all the wedding chaos we stockaded the house with guilty pleasure food, turned off our phones and hung out stuffing our faces and watching movies. 

this sounds perfect! 

It was :) You should try it! 

• We usually go for dinner and a movie/show and then I get something from VS. This year we're not doing any of that, and we're getting tattoos :) DH is going to get "Rebecca Baby" on his arm (eventually when we have the cash he'll get his favourite picture of me above it) and I'm getting this on my left calf:

• Aspersia-love the tattoo and the idea itself. Have fun!

I hate Vday, I think it's a bogus Hallmark holiday. Dinners out are expensive and crowded, and love should be recognized every day, not just February 14.

Last year I think we did nothing? The year before we did a group dinner (couples, singles, whoever) at our friends' house - everyone chipped in cash, one person shopped, and we all cooked together.

• H and I celebrate Valentine's Day by buying clearance candy at Walmart on Feb 15.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • we don't do much....i'm trying to talk DH into giving me a backrub as my vday gift...or really if he wants to go "all out" i'd be happy if he cleaned the bathroom ;-) of course that will never happen! Stick out tongue

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We?re going out to the comedy club and out to eat somewhere close by this Saturday since it?s his long weekend off and calling it our valentines date night J

Cheeks!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker