Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Dining Recs at Disney Parks?

We're planning a trip in May and will purchase the dining plan.  Just looking for recs for good dining so that I can go ahead and make some reservations.  TIA

Re: Dining Recs at Disney Parks?

• Make sure you book ASAP. The booking window for May has already been open for a while and I'm sure a lot of stuff might be booked already. Be flexible with times (early dinner, late lunch, etc).

Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace and Askerhaus (Norway) are great character meals for kids.

DH and I like Jiko (at Animal Kingdom Lodge), 'Ohana (at the Polynesian) and Narcoossee's (at the Grand Floridian). We also like Le Cellier at Epcot.

BFP #1 8.16.10 m/c at 5w BFP #2 10.21.10 m/c at 5w4d
    BFP #3 2.15.11 EDD 10.27.11. DD born 10.29.11
    Betas @9dpo = 23 Betas @12dpo= 128.5 Betas @17dpo= 1075 Betas @21dpo =5800s
    @6w hb 114 bpm! @8w4d hb 178 bpm! @12w hb 169 bpm! @18w hb 150 bpm!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Our last trip we ate at:

Boatwright's - Port Orleans Riverside - good if you're staying @ the PO resorts, but I would not go out of my way to eat there. The Bananas Foster Angel Food Cake was awesome!

Mama Melrose - Disney's Hollywood Studios - good, but next time I think we'll try someplace else in that park. We were there for the Marathon weekend, so we wanted pasta that night.

Raglan Road - Downtown Disney - my 2nd favorite of the trip (my absolute favorite, Spoodles, is closed now). I would definitely eat there again! 

• Le Cellier at Epcot was good. Boma (buffet) at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House was yummy. Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village was good.
  • There are lots of places to eat there!  Some that I really like are Mama Melrose at DHS and The Biergarten (in Germany) and Coral Reef at EPCOT, Le Cellier is really good too but dinner is 2 credits on the dining plan starting March 1st. Lunch is still 1 credit so you can try for it but it's unlikely you will be able to get a reservation (I tried for early June and they were booked solid)
  • Our favorite Disney restaurant used to be 'Ohana at the Poly until this past month when we found a grasshopper in our salad! So gross. I still love the food, but will probably stay away for quite some time. This meal is served family style all you care to eat. Allears has the menus.

I love Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is an all you care to eat buffet. 

Cape May at the Beach Club is also a yummy all you care to eat buffet.

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK has awesome pot roast.

50's Prime Time Cafe or the Sci-Fi Drive in are good in Hollywood Studios.

I love Nine Dragons in Epcot. Le Cellier is also really good but very hard to get into. 

• Boma- Animal Kingdom Lodge. Their breakfast buffet is fantastic, but their dinner buffet is to die for. You HAVE to get the zebra domes. 

Le Cellier- Amazing dinner, but it's now 2 credits for dinner (signature meal). Lunch is still 1 credit. 

Hoop-de-doo Revue- Great dinner show with all-you-can-eat barbeque, and all you care to drink beer and sangria.  

• the only restaurant that ever impressed me was the california grill in the contemporary.
    Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • I 2nd Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. We went on a Friday night, and they also had live music & Irish dancing. The food was great and it was lots of fun.

We really liked Tusker House buffet in Animal Kingdom too.

• We really like Tusker House for breakfast.  Last trip we went to The Wave at the Contemporary and really enjoyed our meal.  We also like Pecos Bill at MK for counter service.  Try www.disboards.com for recommendations too.  And book ASAP because reservations are available 180 days out and it can be difficult to get some of the more popular reservations.  Enjoy!

• My favorite restaurants are the Japanese and Mexican restaurants at Epcot.  I also really like the Sci-fi restaurant at MGM, just because it's fun and unique=O)